One W makes you a genius?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Pretty decent write up really. Did you read it? Cause I didn't see anyone calling him a genius because of last week's game. He already had a reputation for understanding concepts and mastering playbooks from when he first started out as an assistant 15 years or so ago. Seems like a likeable guy too. But since you mentioned it the guy who called him a genius is a little recruited 3 star he put into the NFL. He also turned a walk on Justin hardy into an nfl receiver. Then we have Shepard and Westbrook. Not to mention Crabtree too. Guess he has a pretty decent track record of producing receivers who get to the NFL so far.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Honest question? Is it Baker Mayfield making the play-callers look good or vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You saw how the backup qb plays under the same play caller. It's both, Riley is a wizard Playcaller and designer and Mayfield executes it nearly flawlessly

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
You saw how the backup qb plays under the same play caller. It's both, Riley is a wizard Playcaller and designer and Mayfield executes it nearly flawlessly
Another honest question I asked myself last night. If Barnett was the OU QB and Mayfield was at Ohio State what would have been the result?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Another honest question I asked myself last night. If Barnett was the OU QB and Mayfield was at Ohio State what would have been the result?

He's not nearly the qb that Mayfield is though. You can only go so far as the player will take you. But good coaching and play calling gets the most out of the player

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Honest question? Is it Baker Mayfield making the play-callers look good or vice versa?

Riley is basing the offense around the strength of who's under center. He's running a balanced attack still. OU still had 37 rushes to 35 passes. You literally never know what's coming.

But when Kyler stepped on the field, it was an outside run play where the running back pitched an option back to the QB.

Who does that????

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Saw that play. I'm putting it on record that at some point, Murray takes that pitch & throws a pass.
Yup. It wouldn't surprise me to see a run pass option package with Baker and Kyler both back there. You never know. He had both Mixon and Dede Westbrook throwing passes last year. He's so random. And he uses plays and formations to set up other plays and formations in later games.