Ole Miss Sanctions overturned

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
So we are to believe that several years ago Ole Miss, who was near the bottom of the SEC, suddenly was able to recruit the top players in the nation at several positions and bring in one of the top classes?

RIIIIIGGGHHT!

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So, to be fair here after reading more about it, the ruling simply allows them to return to a bowl in 2019 & removes the restriction on official visits. The vast majority of the NCAA's findings of lack of institutional control & Level 1 violations was upheld.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nal-verdict-ncaa-sanctions-appeal/1847028002/
Haven't had time to read the link yet, but from what you said the punishments went away but the ruling was upheld. Sounds like a "so what?" to me.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I can't remember the last time they had any real punishment stick.

Even when OU got busted in the Big Red sports and Imports scandal, the NCAA quietly backed down on appeal.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Haven't had time to read the link yet, but from what you said the punishments went away but the ruling was upheld. Sounds like a "so what?" to me.
Ole Miss self-imposed a bowl ban last season & limited official visits for last season & this one. The committee tacked on a bowl ban for this season, as well.