OKSTATE vs Tulsa delayed until Sept 19th

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Boo Hiss...Tulsa was going to get drove no matter if they practiced or not. Better play the following week, that's fine...but do your job Tulsa and get to the game! Go Pokes! And Btw, Go Hurricane. We need football.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I was upset when I first heard this news, but RA is reporting that Tulsa had to shut down practice for a couple days last week, so it may be for the best. At least we had the open date to push the game back.

I hate to say it, but this might not be the last time our schedule changes this season. At least we're getting to play.
Unless something else happened it was two weeks ago, not last week. Also, how do you know we are getting to play?..Tulsa pulled this 5 days out, despite knowing they should have asked for this two weeks ago. All that is fine if we play a week from this coming Saturday...but I'm not sure they want to play us at all. I hope they do, they gave us a very good game last year.

Oct 30, 2007
Unless something else happened it was two weeks ago, not last week. Also, how do you know we are getting to play?..Tulsa pulled this 5 days out, despite knowing they should have asked for this two weeks ago. All that is fine if we play a week from this coming Saturday...but I'm not sure they want to play us at all. I hope they do, they gave us a very good game last year.
They had to shut things down for 9 days last month, but RA is reporting that they had to shut things down for a couple days again last week. Their coach said they don't even have all of their offense & defense installed yet. I feel bad for them because their preparation has been wrecked by the virus.

Tulsa will play because they want the money. It sucks to have to wait an extra week, but at least the football season is moving forward. A few weeks ago it looked like that wouldn't happen.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They had to shut things down for 9 days last month, but RA is reporting that they had to shut things down for a couple days again last week. Their coach said they don't even have all of their offense & defense installed yet. I feel bad for them because their preparation has been wrecked by the virus.

Tulsa will play because they want the money. It sucks to have to wait an extra week, but at least the football season is moving forward. A few weeks ago it looked like that wouldn't happen.
I hope you are right

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Why is everyone losing their mud over this?

I really don't think a lot of people on this board understand what's going on with this virus.

I'd love to watch an OSU football game. I'd rather beat Tulsa at full strength and not rush players onto the field if they aren't 100% healthy. Even if they don't play for my school.

It's a one week delay.

Mar 11, 2006

I really don't think a lot of people on this board understand what's going on with this virus.

I'd love to watch an OSU football game. I'd rather beat Tulsa at full strength and not rush players onto the field if they aren't 100% healthy. Even if they don't play for my school.

It's a one week delay.
Agree. No doubt I am disappointed they aren’t playing this week because I was anxious to watch Poke football. But on the bright side, now I have a reason to go to Stilly two weeks in a row.

Not that big a deal - one week is nothing.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX

It's a one week delay.
This line of thinking assumes that in 1 week less players will be infected/affected.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
This line of thinking assumes that in 1 week less players will be infected/affected.
Exactly , let’s see how many of these gracious fans will still love Tulsa when our DL, for example , miss the WVU game due to COV after exposure the weekend of the 19th when they should have been holed up in OSU only contact that weekend

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Exactly , let’s see how many of these gracious fans will still love Tulsa when our DL, for example , miss the WVU game due to COV after exposure the weekend of the 19th when they should have been holed up in OSU only contact that weekend
I assume Tulsa is also being careful. They had to cancel several practices a few weeks ago due to having an outbreak...but, reportedly, they are closer to having things together now. IF this is the case it's best to wait another week to get them even more ready in terms of being together on their Covid process. The problem with playing the less wealthy conferences is that they may not have the tools ours does to ensure team bubbles and such. I'm hopeful Tulsa's players and staff are being responsible and that they come to the game healthy. I'm sure they want to play football as well...and them being unhealthy could end their season.

Btw, Baylor has been asked by La Tech to do the same...postpone or cancel due to the La Tech players having to move to non-socially distant accommodations due to the hurricane sleeping arrangements and having an outbreak. Sucks for everyone right now, at least we are not alone in this suck.

Last edited:

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Obviously I’m not in the athletic department so I don’t know what Tulsa told OSU prior to this weekend, but it seems like TU knew they needed to postpone this game weeks ago but waited to ask. I wonder if they didn’t want to take a chance that we replaced them on the schedule, since they likely need the money we will pay them to play.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe we can have a 2:00 am kickoff like we did a few years ago.
Dang good times that day.
September 17th 2011 I believe. Got to see the game played in the middle of the night in a waiting area of an OB ward. Had a kid born that day and the wife was sleeping in her room. She got tired of waiting. Unless you're talking about a different game. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Obviously I’m not in the athletic department so I don’t know what Tulsa told OSU prior to this weekend, but it seems like TU knew they needed to postpone this game weeks ago but waited to ask. I wonder if they didn’t want to take a chance that we replaced them on the schedule, since they likely need the money we will pay them to play.
Also not announced until our season ticket sales were complete, according to one anonymous conspiracy theorist (me). If the game is played next week it won't matter to me. If not, I'd theorize there was great concern about trying to sell 14,000 seats at anywhere near full price for a 4 game home schedule.