Oklahoman cuts OSU reporter position

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
that article does not say that either.... it says broadcast companies are suffering, but not cable/satellite companies.

Even if more cord-cutters jump in the next 5 years, it says that there will still be more people watching cable programming than Internet programming. but that those cable companies will be making more money by collecting more money for internet access from the cord cutters (unbundled pricing).

print media has been dying for over 20 years now... many of us died before the full demise of print media.... it's still hanging in there but looking bleak.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It says the deals in jeopardy because of the falling stock price.
well yeah, because the investors don't think it's a good merger.... but that does not equate to bleeding money (bleeding is operating losses - causing layoffs). If they call off the merger, the stock prices will likely go back up (no blood lost)

it actually says they expect to pay off high-interest loans early (i.e. plenty of money/revenue)

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
It says satellite companies are dying and cable companies are moving to providing internet service as opposed to content. Both are dying when it comes to the business of providing media (tv shows, sports, news, movies and the like).

I "cut the cord" earlier this year and am very pleased while spending much less money. I have Netflix, Hulu, and already had Amazon Prime for free shipping as I live out in the country. Plenty to watch. I added a small standard antenna and pick up 6 local channels. If I can figure out a way to pick up ESPN/Fox Sports during football season I'm golden.

Last edited: