Oklahoma State vs. Houston 2pm - ESPN

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think ole' Fran got out over his skis a little towards the end of the game, but he has always been VERY complimentary towards our program as it stands now. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.
Yeah, if I was a Syracuse fan, I would have been sick of him slobbering all over OSU and Boynton during the NIT.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Gutsy win. I like Fran and I winced when he said he saw no way we would win with 5 minutes to go. But, to be honest, Houston had come back from a 19 point deficit, had all the momentum, and we couldn't buy a basket. I saw where he was coming from. But, I'm glad our guys dug in and pulled out a huge road win against a really good Houston team. If we win the next two and go into conference play 10-2, this is shaping up to be a fun season.
Wonderful insite

Sep 23, 2010
That second half was a grind. We really, really struggled on offense. Every pass was an adventure, nevertheless trying to make a basket. The kid with the long hair was just cooking Dizzy. But huge plays by McGriff and huge 3 by Waters. Also, Dizzy's dime to Yor. Survived it and need a win vs Minnesota. Hopefully another week gets Ice back.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
That second half was a grind. We really, really struggled on offense. Every pass was an adventure, nevertheless trying to make a basket. The kid with the long hair was just cooking Dizzy.
Yep. I was working and only half watching, but every time I looked up Dizzy was getting burned. Why was he on that kid? Was he not the guy we expected to be their go-to? Or did we end up in that situation due to switches?

Mar 27, 2008
I was really impressed with our seniors and their poise down the stretch. When our backs were against the wall late we got a huge three from Lindy. McGriff then made a tough shot underneath on the next possession and had a big rebound on defense. Then Dizzy found Yor Anei for the easy two to put the game away.

Dec 17, 2011
Yor slowed down a lot too, he was still a little too hyped up at times, but a huge reason why we had a big lead in the first half was he only have 1 foul going into the half. He then went back to his old self and committed 2 really bad fouls which put him on the bench and let houston back in it. It really shows how important ice and yor are to the team.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Yep. I was working and only half watching, but every time I looked up Dizzy was getting burned. Why was he on that kid? Was he not the guy we expected to be their go-to? Or did we end up in that situation due to switches?
No clue what caused this, but he appeared to line up with him in m2m situations, and it was super weird. Looked like he had 4 inches on him, and was obviously much quicker. Put Keylan Boone on that guy, and he scores half his points, IMO.

Sep 23, 2010
No clue what caused this, but he appeared to line up with him in m2m situations, and it was super weird. Looked like he had 4 inches on him, and was obviously much quicker. Put Keylan Boone on that guy, and he scores half his points, IMO.
Actually, they were putting Dizzy in an iso out of the 2-3 and letting that guy work on him in the slot quite often. He did get caught in man sometime as well. As bad as we were on offense, Houston was bad as well. Going iso vs a 2-3 was some of their best offense.

Oct 30, 2007
It was pretty ugly at times, but any with w/o Ice is a good win, and Houston under Sampson is usually pretty solid.
I think ole' Fran got out over his skis a little towards the end of the game, but he has always been VERY complimentary towards our program as it stands now. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.
Fran owned that comment at the end and complimented the team for pulling it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Fran is pretty pro OSU actually unless he does an OU game. He's an OU guy then. His son was a walk on for OU so he slobbers all over OU when they play but he has been very complimentary of Boynton being a rising star. This OSU team and it's players. Anei and Likele in particular.

He shouldn't do an OU/OSU game for that reason cuz he's an OU homer but otherwise he is very fair to OSU.