Oklahoma State University is not committed to basketball success

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
TDP set the stage, and Holder has made some very key errors in strategy that has left the big revenue programs eroding or stagnant. FWIW, TDP also helped set the stage for Clemson's success in football, as he had the vision to hire Dabo Swinney.
There would have been NO funding without Holder. He is the one that built Karsten Creek as a coach, not AD. He became Boone’s buddy and that is when the funding started. It could have been bet but it could have been a whole lot worse without Holder and Boone.

Last edited:

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
You see BB and nothing else which is unfortunate. Suppose Nike just walked up to the AD offices and gave him truckloads of uniforms and pays us to wear them. Suppose Ping just decided to build the best NCAA golf course in the country because they thought the land was pretty nice. I am sure the Smith family knocked on door and ran away leaving a huge check to fund the IPF. O'Brate, Wadley, Wooten, etc. Yeah. He has no business acumen at all.

Whoever the hell Bernie Ebbers is.

Done. You do not have a clue what you are talking about.
Don’t forget the Greenwoods.

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
JT Thor isn’t likely to sign with OSU as Arizona and Auburn are in the mix and he’s visiting both of them. It still may happen that Thor signs but it’s not a lock as it looked earlier. The fact is MB has signed 3 kids off 1 AAU team. Cade and Rondell will be difference makers, but Montreal the other kid only averaged 13 minutes a game on that AAU team and could be a reach.

Oct 30, 2007
J.T. Thor is a really tough guy to get a read on. The last I heard, he's considering reclassifying to 2021 class, and he may never even play college basketball.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/three-point-play-jt-thor-transfers-brandon-murray
It sounds as if Thor is considering taking a prep year, re-enrolling as part of the 2021 class and becoming eligible for the 2021 NBA Draft. He is even expected to play this spring and summer on the Nike EYBL circuit.