Oklahoma State OL - Film

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Marcus Keyes is the worst OLineman I think I have seen in all my time as an OSU fan...Thats 33 years. He rarely even gets his hands on a defender. It looks like he doesnt even know that blocking is an option. Surely we have an OLineman that can do better than that. Hell, pull a redshirt or something. It looks like other guys are having to come off their blocks just to cover his guy. And then two or three guys are coming through free to the Qb or Rb.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Marcus Keyes is the worst OLineman I think I have seen in all my time as an OSU fan...Thats 33 years. He rarely even gets his hands on a defender. It looks like he doesnt even know that blocking is an option. Surely we have an OLineman that can do better than that. Hell, pull a redshirt or something. It looks like other guys are having to come off their blocks just to cover his guy. And then two or three guys are coming through free to the Qb or Rb.
It’s crazy because he had played very well in the past. Before the season he was considered an All Big 12 caliber player and an NFL talent.

What the hell happened?

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Just wonder if playing musical chairs with the OLine has caused confusion. I get why you would do that, but maybe we need consistency at each position for them to gel as a unit. Also not sure if the center is getting everyone in the correct play pre-snap. But we are not controlling the trenches. We have no toughness. These guys need to get some fire in their bellies and start thinking about whipping a defenders ass. Knock em off the ball enough and they will wear down and lose their will to fight.

Nov 2, 2011
Tulsa, OK
The outside blitz is stopped by throwing quick slants or tunnel screens, or zone read qb run inside of the blitz. these change the aggressive nature of the defense and an offensive coordinator should have these plays ready as audibles for the QB. Its about reading the defense pre-snap and going away from the pressure. Seems simple because it is simple.
No dude, MY only likes 30 yard out patterns. Yes our offensive line cant block, yes, Corndog only has 1 sec to throw a pass, but damn, I love me some 30 yard out patterns!!!!

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
No dude, MY only likes 30 yard out patterns. Yes our offensive line cant block, yes, Corndog only has 1 sec to throw a pass, but damn, I love me some 30 yard out patterns!!!!
Strangely during the summer, Gundy were quite high on the OLs, the depth there and the potential rotations?

We surely have question mark with Corndog and the safety. But the OL and the RB should be our strength that would carry the team.