Oklahoma State Cowboys vs #16 West Virginia Mountaineers (ESPN2 @8PM)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
HCMB
"We executed a lot of the things we wanted to do on offense...we just couldn't get a shot to go down."

"I like a lot of the things we did tonight and feel good going forward." (referring to better, effort, intensity)

"That type of leadership and effort (from Waters and Cam) is what we need."

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
HCMB
"We executed a lot of the things we wanted to do on offense...we just couldn't get a shot to go down."

"I like a lot of the things we did tonight and feel good going forward." (referring to better, effort, intensity)

"That type of leadership and effort (from Waters and Cam) is what we need."
He also stated Anderson is improving, which I see and agree with.

Wish he would play Boone that played tonight more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
HCMB
"We have to get this thing going in the right direction very quickly"

On Ice:
"He's healthy. We're not gonna make excuses. But it's going to take a while for him to get back to where he was. At the end of the day, he has to play better.
"With Yor, we've got to get some consistency from him."

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
I just want to see progress with the new freshman along with the veterans. Unfortunately, just got back from the game and what I saw tonight was a step back from last year which I did not expect. McGriff wants to play outside and he thinks can be a 3 point threat. He should be playing closer the basket and helping Yor inside. You can’t tell me he is not a better option than #35 in the low post. That poor freshman was completely over matched against a big physical WV team. Boone?

There is too much film out on Ice now, he won’t get many opportunities to penetrate and score in Big 12 games. The last two games he has been completely shut down. Somebody else needs to step up. Anderson is showing positive improvement but it’s still Big 12 play and it takes time to get use to the physical play.

I held out hope that they might make the tourney this year but they would have to make a huge turnaround against the toughest of competition. Let the freshman play...a lot.

Nov 18, 2010
Coach needs to set defined roles for each player, shots allowed to take, and enforce said roles with the bench-minutes played. Appears to be to much I'm your buddy coaching IMO.
He seems like a very likable man and potentially a great recruiter. Everything you'd want in a top assistant coach. But with him as head coach, our basketball program is as bad as its ever been in the 25 years I've been watching.

People on this website don't like it when AD Holder gets criticized, but his decision making (particularly the way this last coach was hired) has led OSU basketball to where it is now. I have no idea how he is still getting a free pass.

Apr 7, 2006
Patience... We just got beat up by 2 quality teams. We're still building depth and we've had a little adversity lately and we don't have a roster that affords us much room for error. It'll get better but year 3 isn't the time to jump ship - not with the roster where it was at when he walked in and with a new head coach. This thing will take time and there'll be some bumps and bruises along the way.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Hard to be patient after getting blown out in our own gym again
To me, its not the final scores that are concerning. Its the lack of discipline, no identity on either end of the floor, lack of energy, and lack of adjustments. Looks like a bunch of guys playing pickup basketball. I hate to say it, but it all appears to be coaching related.

Sep 23, 2010
We have been bad on offense, particularly in the half court, all year. We have been running sets, most of them ineffective minus the little high post butt rub ball screen play. But even that one is now being blown up by scouting reports.

I am concerned that we missed an opportunity for this year. I was hoping we would have thrown the talented freshmen, particularly Khalib Boone, Avery Anderson and Marcus Watson, to the wolves early in the preseason and they would be playing well by conference. I cringed a little when I saw us throw out the same starting line up from a season ago because I thought this might stunt the growth of our young players. Watson obviously eliminated himself. But Anderson and Boone are guys who can "make plays." They don't need a set or an offense to create something. Harris is solid but he's not a creator. Hiddie should not be taking minutes from Boone.

Then I hear Dizzy is out, and I get excited that this might be time for Anderson, who has been playing well to get a confidence boost with a start. We throw out Laurant, another senior who is not a creator nor a perimeter player. We have some athletes. We need to spread it out, move the ball, move people and create some driving lanes for Ice and Anderson. Let Waters be a knock down shooter and quick attack guy if they help off. Same thing goes for McGriff. Let Yor and Boone be rim runners and dunk guys. We really need to quit just giving the ball to Lindy. He takes back down dribbles and tries difficult Michael Jordan 17ft fadeaways.

Obviously, we still have some time for these young guys to get better. But it might have to get worse before it gets better. I was hoping that process would happen in the non-conference with our 3 most talented newcomers. Granted, Watson screwed up a 1/3 of that by just being involved in some kind of situation we don't know exactly what happened.

I'm actually still optimistic for the future, but we have to forget about some of the loyalties to these seniors to develop our athletic and talented guys.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
The last two games have been godawful.

I feel like I'm watching a Travis Ford coached team again.

Jacking up 3s instead of trying to take closer shots or layups to drawn fouls. More turnovers than a bakery. Lindy Waters is a turnover machine and he's been off his shot for a while now. Lindy is no longer an asset.

Stupid windmill dunks that miss horribly by The Crime Dog.
Just undisciplined crap running up and down the court.

What happened to this coach and this team?

The only positive I got from last night was our coaches at least looked and dressed professionally.

Huggins and the WVU coaches look like they're being sponsored by Walmart Men's Department. Sloppy as hell with fat man tops and sweat pants. If Huggins wasn't a great coach, I'd guess he was driving a truck for Waste Management.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Hard to be patient after getting blown out in our own gym again
Tech blew us out. Even with our shooting issues, we still stayed pretty much 15 points or under most of the game. There were times it was more than that, but we kept battling back. That's not a blowout.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ST2

Cowboy
Jul 9, 2012
The last two games have been godawful.

I feel like I'm watching a Travis Ford coached team again.

Jacking up 3s instead of trying to take closer shots or layups to drawn fouls. More turnovers than a bakery. Lindy Waters is a turnover machine and he's been off his shot for a while now. Lindy is no longer an asset.

Stupid windmill dunks that miss horribly by The Crime Dog.
Just undisciplined crap running up and down the court.

What happened to this coach and this team?

The only positive I got from last night was our coaches at least looked and dressed professionally.

Huggins and the WVU coaches look like they're being sponsored by Walmart Men's Department. Sloppy as hell with fat man tops and sweat pants. If Huggins wasn't a great coach, I'd guess he was driving a truck for Waste Management.

This made me laugh, mainly because it's just the truth.

Oct 30, 2007
I feel like last night was somewhat of an anomaly. Every once in awhile you'll have a game where you're ice cold from beyond the arc where you're capable of losing to anyone. We went 1-20 from 3 despite the fact that we had a lot of open shots. We probably won't shoot that poorly again this season.

I felt a lot better about the loss last night than the loss in Lubbock. They played with a lot of effort, but our returners aren't playing up to their potential. The coaching staff needs to find a way to put things together.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
I'm actually still optimistic for the future, but we have to forget about some of the loyalties to these seniors to develop our athletic and talented guys.
THIS..I think coach is starting to realize this, slowly. The younger guys are just better, now they will do stupid like throw the ball out of bounds on a inbound play because they weren't watching and currently can't throw it in the ocean, but they are clearly more athletic players.
I don't know what's going on in practice, but you have to get Kahlib out there more. Would love to see him and Yor at the same time. Same with Keelan, he has shown he can shoot at least a little.