Oklahoma State Cowboy Baseball Regional Projections: Part 2

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Jul 11, 2007
Norman hosting a regional. Yeah right, BA. Better work on that 30-40 RPI. Would be tough to advance, but Fayetteville wouldn't be horrible.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Norman hosting a regional. Yeah right, BA. Better work on that 30-40 RPI. Would be tough to advance, but Fayetteville wouldn't be horrible.
BA's projection was from April 11th, before OU lost the series to UT. Would imagine that their new projection will have OU travelling. But as much as I hate to say it, OU still has a good shot.

I don't want any part of Fayetteville this year. Change of scenery would be nice, plus the Hogs are loaded. I'd prefer not to see us in Corvallis either - the other OSU was a preseason NC favorite and they have that stupid turf that can be such a home field advantage in tight games. Of course, with basically 4-5 arms that we can count on, we're going to have tough time advancing out of anywhere unless the bats we saw against TCU show back up.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
BA's projection was from April 11th, before OU lost the series to UT. Would imagine that their new projection will have OU travelling. But as much as I hate to say it, OU still has a good shot.

I don't want any part of Fayetteville this year. Change of scenery would be nice, plus the Hogs are loaded. I'd prefer not to see us in Corvallis either - the other OSU was a preseason NC favorite and they have that stupid turf that can be such a home field advantage in tight games. Of course, with basically 4-5 arms that we can count on, we're going to have tough time advancing out of anywhere unless the bats we saw against TCU show back up.

I'm really tired of going to Arkansas, so I agree. I would even rather us go to Corvallis, just for the change in scenery. I found it absurd that we were put into a regional last year in which we had already faced every team in it during the regular season. That's just boring to me. I always enjoy seeing us play in the NCAA Tournament against teams that we normally don't get a chance to face.

I would be intrigued with the following regionals (not going to by what would be good match ups, with our pitching depth there are no good matchups....):

Coastal Carolina
UCLA
North Carolina
NC St.
Stanford
Vanderbilt
Florida

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Perfect Game's Field of 64. We're in, but nothing about what seed or which regional.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=15119

I'll be completely shocked if UCLA, LSU, & TCU are all left out by the committee. This projection seems to almost go completely by RPI.
As an OSU fan, these last couple of years have been frustrating, but can you imagine being a TCU fan right now? At least we can point to the pitching injuries and youth, but they have a roster full of guys who've played in multiple CWS'.

Lab Rat

Hold on while I make a chart
Jan 5, 2012

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
The most recent BA projection that you posted has UCLA hosting, while the PG projection leaves them out altogether. Weird.

Yeah, UCLA is currently in 1st place in the PAC12, and LSU is 2nd place in the SEC West division. Whoever did the Perfect Game write up didn't do their homework. The committee doesn't just look at RPI and stick everyone in based off of it.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah, UCLA is currently in 1st place in the PAC12, and LSU is 2nd place in the SEC West division. Whoever did the Perfect Game write up didn't do their homework. The committee doesn't just look at RPI and stick everyone in based off of it.
It will be interesting, though. It seems like a top 20 RPI is becoming a bigger factor, or at least has been in some years. IIRC, there have been some years lately where we were on the margins of the host discussion and the hubbub was that an RPI of low to mid 20s is really the cut off for a team to have a realistic chance to host.

I'd guess an added reason that UCLA is being seen as a host by some of the predictions is that this appears to be another of those years where there is going to be a shortage of regional sites west of Texas (and probably 2-3 less in Texas than in recent years). Unless OU and/or Wichita State secure a host, there are going to be a lot of teams in this region and west of us heading east.