Oklahoma State Beat the Regular Season SEC Champion in Basketball This Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
https://twitter.com/LSUBasketball/status/1104582700076355589

For those of you who think we are doomed to suck forever. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Jun 23, 2005
If we hadn’t had the “roster trim” issue, no doubt in my mind this team would be in the NCAA tournament. The 7 tough guys who remain on the team have proven they can go toe to toe with anybody in the Big 12 (ok, except for KState).

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm irrationally optimistic about the near future of OSU basketball considering the end results of this season. Next year we'll be able to see which writers do their homework in the preseason predictions because some will automatically dump us near the bottom just because of our numbers this year.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I really like coach and think he will turn it around. I'm a big fan, but this was a hard year for Basketball in term of just how we did overall, fan excitement, etc...Just win and they will come back. I really hope he turns the program around and it was a good sign that we beat people like LSU and won our last two games of the year. Just gotta keep working on and off the court and get better.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
If we hadn’t had the “roster trim” issue, no doubt in my mind this team would be in the NCAA tournament. The 7 tough guys who remain on the team have proven they can go toe to toe with anybody in the Big 12 (ok, except for KState).
Why the sugar coating? Coach had to dump some jerks who were not worthy of his time or being around his team. He deserves accolades for taking action. Fans need to let the scales drop from their eyes about the reality of the situation with both the player jerks and the assistant coach jerk who detracted from the already tough job Boynton has.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Why the sugar coating? Coach had to dump some jerks who were not worthy of his time or being around his team. He deserves accolades for taking action. Fans need to let the scales drop from their eyes about the reality of the situation with both the player jerks and the assistant coach jerk who detracted from the already tough job Boynton has.
I wouldn't say it was sugar coating but ya those guys sucked and I'm happy they are no longer in the locker room.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
Next season was always gong to be the season to make or break HCMB, that hasn't changed. I'm still very optimistic, but less so than I was after last season.
I don't think next season is the make or break year. The season after that is imo. IF all goes well, we'll have at least 4 freshmen who've played pretty significant minutes and acquired some much needed experience. Then, we can add another recruiting class, and see what transpires the next season.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don't think next season is the make or break year. The season after that is imo. IF all goes well, we'll have at least 4 freshmen who've played pretty significant minutes and acquired some much needed experience. Then, we can add another recruiting class, and see what transpires the next season.
I wasn't suggesting that he has to challenge for the conference title but he does have to avoid challenging for last. For my own opinion anyway, I'm sure Holder is going to give him plenty of time either way so it's a moot point.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Next season was always gong to be the season to make or break HCMB, that hasn't changed. I'm still very optimistic, but less so than I was after last season.
Think of finishing strong.... after the shock of the personnel losses set in, and players adjusted - we are 3-3 in our last 6 games, with all 3 losses to the top 3 teams in the league (an OT loss to Tech, and tied with KU in the final minutes).

it may be my wishful thinking.... but this rag-tag group of freshman and leftovers is now playing again like they belong in the top half of the conference, and it would, seem that they will be playing for the top half of the conference next year, even if the new-comers only provide decent relief minutes.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
I don't think everyone is really aware of Boynton's recruiting. While it is true this past class was his, it is also true that he had already missed the early signing period and was basically recruiting the "left overs." This next class will be his first "true" class --- and it looks damn good and possibly even better for 2020.

Jun 23, 2005

Cool your jets dude. “Roster trim” is the buzz word the players have been using, I think it’s creative.