Oklahoma State AD Mike Holder receives contract extension through 2021, $950,000 annual salary

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
The Oklahoma State/A&M Board of Regents approved a contract for Athletic Director Mike Holder through the 2020-21 academic year.

The three-year deal comes with a $950,000 annual salary for Holder, who has been OSU's athletic director since 2005.

That's a substantial increase in compensation. Holder made $640,000 in 2017-18.
Link

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Probably puts him middle of the pack in the Big 12. All bitching aside, he has accomplished more than average in fund raising and facilities building.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
If you can't look at what he has done for OSU sports, disregarding Ford, you have vision problems. We have gone over the subject recently in another thread. If you are objecting to his recruiting comments recently, I agree with him that those should be the goals. Gundy knows this as well, and am sure he would like to get a few more 4*. It obviously is easier said than done. Recruiting is a war and I don't know why we rank so low in the Big XII much less the NCAA, with the record Gundy has guided us to in his tenure and the facilities that Boone/Holder have provided. I respect both men for what they have done.

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
If you can't look at what he has done for OSU sports, disregarding Ford, you have vision problems. We have gone over the subject recently in another thread. If you are objecting to his recruiting comments recently, I agree with him that those should be the goals. Gundy knows this as well, and am sure he would like to get a few more 4*. It obviously is easier said than done. Recruiting is a war and I don't know why we rank so low in the Big XII much less the NCAA, with the record Gundy has guided us to in his tenure and the facilities that Boone/Holder have provided. I respect both men for what they have done.
Holder is Boones puppet. By letting Boone dictate where the money went, instead of having a huge surplus, Boone had to pony up enough just to finish the stadium. He raised basketball seat donations and ticket prices to the point GIA attendance hasn’t recovered. He always had a hard on for the Sutton’s and Ward causing friction. He has pretty much had a contentious relationship with the best football coach we’ve ever had and maybe ever will have from day one. His “Goof of a Lifetime” ended up costing us millions. The Travis Ford contract ended up costing us but fortunately not near what it could have.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
That wasn't a face palm emoji, it was a hiding his eyes from the truth emoji.

PanhandleCowboy

Point Guard
A/V Subscriber
Jun 22, 2006
Not Close Enough to Stillwater
Wouldn't it be epic if Gundy tweeted out that he wants fundraising to improve. :D
He has already said this stuff in public before his contract was renewed last year. Nobody back then seemed to care that Gundy was throwing the athletic department and his boss under the bus in public insinuating they didn't want to commit the resources it takes to "convince himself, to convince young people, that they can continue to do this or take the next step".

Not much different than an athletic director saying he wished more emphasis was put on recruiting higher ranked athletes.

https://newsok.com/article/5545489/berry-tramel-mike-gundys-contract-is-on-the-clock?
“I'm more vulnerable if I don't believe in what we're doing,” Gundy said.

And Gundy says that's why he hasn't signed the contract. He's trying to get resources for his program that he says are vital to sustain the standard that the Cowboys have set.

Gundy's concerns: salaries for coaches and support personnel, plus recruiting budgets and resources.

“In comparison to the league, I need them to be in the middle of the pack,” Gundy said. “I think they've earned that with what we've accomplished in football. We need recruiting budgets to be in the top three or four in the league. Otherwise, it becomes difficult for me, to convince myself, to convince young people, that we can continue to do this or take the next step.”

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
Holder is Boones puppet. By letting Boone dictate where the money went, instead of having a huge surplus, Boone had to pony up enough just to finish the stadium. He raised basketball seat donations and ticket prices to the point GIA attendance hasn’t recovered. He always had a hard on for the Sutton’s and Ward causing friction. He has pretty much had a contentious relationship with the best football coach we’ve ever had and maybe ever will have from day one. His “Goof of a Lifetime” ended up costing us millions. The Travis Ford contract ended up costing us but fortunately not near what it could have.
What about Karsten Creek, the tennis center, the new baseball stadium, the training center, the soccer stadium, Jumbotron, Expansion of GIA, BPS? Did Holder find a magic genie, or did he raise the funds for these sports facilities/improvements, by his fundraising ability? Would we have any of these if Holder wasn't AD?