Oklahoma St choosing between QBs Brown, Sanders

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has a blessing or a problem, depending on your perspective.

Gundy has two quarterbacks he considers capable of starting in redshirt senior Dru Brown and redshirt freshman Spencer Sanders. He said he is open to playing both and is in no hurry to commit to one.

“They’re both pretty good,” Gundy said. “And I know sometimes, they say if you can’t name one, you don’t have any. I don’t see that as the situation here.”

Both were with the program last year and waited behind Taylor Cornelius. Brown started every game for Hawaii two years ago and passed for 2,785 yards and 18 touchdowns before transferring to Oklahoma State. Sanders was the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year in 2017 before redshirting last season.

“They’re both poised, and they’re both athletic as heck,” Oklahoma State running back LD Brown said. “It’s a great quarterback battle.”

Gundy said he wants both to be aggressive about making plays during camp.

“I don’t want them to go out and play scared,” he said. “You can’t play quarterback in this offense and play scared. You’re going to make mistakes. We throw the ball down the field so many times, so eventually, something bad is going to happen. So what? We don’t want guys to play with fear. We want guys to be relentless and be gunslingers.”

The season opener is Aug. 30 at Oregon State.

https://apnews.com/3ec0439428544daa...r&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Top25

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has a blessing or a problem, depending on your perspective.

Gundy has two quarterbacks he considers capable of starting in redshirt senior Dru Brown and redshirt freshman Spencer Sanders. He said he is open to playing both and is in no hurry to commit to one.

“They’re both pretty good,” Gundy said. “And I know sometimes, they say if you can’t name one, you don’t have any. I don’t see that as the situation here.”

Both were with the program last year and waited behind Taylor Cornelius. Brown started every game for Hawaii two years ago and passed for 2,785 yards and 18 touchdowns before transferring to Oklahoma State. Sanders was the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year in 2017 before redshirting last season.

“They’re both poised, and they’re both athletic as heck,” Oklahoma State running back LD Brown said. “It’s a great quarterback battle.”

Gundy said he wants both to be aggressive about making plays during camp.

“I don’t want them to go out and play scared,” he said. “You can’t play quarterback in this offense and play scared. You’re going to make mistakes. We throw the ball down the field so many times, so eventually, something bad is going to happen. So what? We don’t want guys to play with fear. We want guys to be relentless and be gunslingers.”

The season opener is Aug. 30 at Oregon State.

https://apnews.com/3ec0439428544daa...r&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Top25
Wait a second. Our punter is 29 years old and never played before? That's actually really cool.