OKC Death Lineup?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
With the addition of Melo and PG this offseason, imagining the variety of lineups is almost dizzying. But one lineup that, imo, would obliterate most teams is:

Westbrook
Abrines
PG13
Melo
Patterson

There is obviously some cons (defense) but I would think that most teams in the league wouldnt be able to keep up with this lineup at all. Its very comparable to the Warriors death lineup in that the sheer amount of scoring is practically impossible to beat. Dunno, maybe its just me but with the new additions to the lineup its got me extremely excited to see what this team can do against the warriors and the rest of the nba.

Nov 27, 2007
With the addition of Melo and PG this offseason, imagining the variety of lineups is almost dizzying. But one lineup that, imo, would obliterate most teams is:

Westbrook
Abrines
PG13
Melo
Patterson

There is obviously some cons (defense) but I would think that most teams in the league wouldnt be able to keep up with this lineup at all. Its very comparable to the Warriors death lineup in that the sheer amount of scoring is practically impossible to beat. Dunno, maybe its just me but with the new additions to the lineup its got me extremely excited to see what this team can do against the warriors and the rest of the nba.
I mostly agree, but want to point out that the Warriors "Death Lineup" isn't just about all the players' ability to score, but also:

1) their ball movement to keep passing until one of the great shooters/scorers gets an open look, &
2) Their Death Lineup is also really good defensively.

IMO, I think the Thunder's best lineups to give any chance to really challenges the Warriors are either the assumed starting 5 (Russ, Roberson, PG13, Carmelo, & Adams) or substituting Patterson for Adams. And we have GOT to have better ball movement than we used to see when KD was on the squad.

But you know Donovan won't leave any combos untested, so I trust he'll eventually find what works best against the Warriors and everybody else.

Dec 19, 2012
I like the ideas, and I think Jerami Grant throws an interesting curve at 5. He's a little more athletic, can block shots, get put backs, etc. The biggest problem other teams seem to have is athleticism to cover the range and quickness of GS Death Lineup.