Ohio State will KILL uo

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I agree with this
Definitely test the goons bench. They can probably hang with them tilll the 4th qtr
Should be a good game though
After watching almost all of the games this weekend I haven't seen a team I don't think OSU or OU can't play with. I'm feeling much better about OSUs chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Ou and Ohio state will be great! After Thursday we know what osu struggled with. And we know OU has receivers. I always said the best receivers for OU are going to be new. Today we saw that and proof Mayfield will move that ball with the new talent

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Ou and Ohio state will be great! After Thursday we know what osu struggled with. And we know OU has receivers. I always said the best receivers for OU are going to be new. Today we saw that and proof Mayfield will move that ball with the new talent
Mark Andrews was the best receiver for ou yesterday and he's a senior.

Oct 30, 2012
I think it'll be a close game. Ou looked good yesterday. The only issue is can your best WR in Andrews finally have a consistent season. He's been brutally inconsistent over his career. I thought the OL was as good as advertised. RB's are definitely a step or two down from Mixon-Perine. Mayfield was extremely accurate. However that UTEP defense is one of the worst I've ever seen. Numerous times they were so confused in the secondary on what coverages they were running.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
It really wasn't a team to learn much about OU. UTEP returned 6 starters on offense and 4 on defense from a three win team. Most preseason picks had UTEP as one of the worst teams in the nation. This week will tell us how good OU is.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Mark Andrews was the best receiver for ou yesterday and he's a senior.
Yep, he's awesome, been trying to tell people, probably a 1st rounder for sure. Lamb will be a star, and Calcaterra will be really damn good too. Badet is solid, I really am not very concerned about the receiving talent, which includes tight ends. Aside from Andrews all of OU's best receivers are new guys. Good just unproven talent, but some of that talent is being proven. Gonna have to really earn it next week!

I think it'll be a close game. Ou looked good yesterday. The only issue is can your best WR in Andrews finally have a consistent season. He's been brutally inconsistent over his career. I thought the OL was as good as advertised. RB's are definitely a step or two down from Mixon-Perine. Mayfield was extremely accurate. However that UTEP defense is one of the worst I've ever seen. Numerous times they were so confused in the secondary on what coverages they were running.

I'm not sure what you mean by brutally inconsistent. That would suggest he was not only inconsistent, but so inconsistent as to be brutal. I'm open to other people's ideas but how was he brutally inconsistent. He had a reception in every single game last year that he played in, most of them he had 2-3 and he had 7 touchdowns. 7 touchdowns his freshman season too.

19 receptions for 318 yards as a freshman
31 receptions for 489 last year as a soph
and now as a jr he's off to a great start, and he finally doesnt have two nfl receivers to compete with for receptions.

Part of the confusion on defense sure is probably talent and experience, but it cant be easy to tune in on a particular player when theyre throwing to 14 different receivers. Last year it wouldnt have been like that. Hopefully it's enough so that osu will have to gameplan for a more spread out offense than honing in on the best player and stopping him. So much opportunity to be multiple, it's nice.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I just want to hear more about how Mayfield is going to suck ass without Perine, Mixon and Westbrook saving him from all his bad decisions.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
It will be a great season for Mayfield & co, regardless of next week's result.
I am sure they will do well. It will be fun to watch the top half of the conference play and see how it shakes out. Looks like the Oklahoma teams will have to carry the banner for the Big 12 again this year.