Official Texas Bowl Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 9, 2012
Stillwater, OK
And the haters all disappear into the woodwork again, until the next bball thread.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I’m not a sunshine pumping gundy lover, so not much to talk about with football. The wins are hollow if we don’t show up when it counts. So why would I show up if our 5.5m head coach doesn’t show up. So stfu and keep pumping that sunshine, sweetheart.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m not a sunshine pumping gundy lover, so not much to talk about with football. The wins are hollow if we don’t show up when it counts. So why would I show up if our 5.5m head coach doesn’t show up. So stfu and keep pumping that sunshine, sweetheart.
Really??? You're gonna talk crap to me? I don't pump sunshine, I just watch the games and comment in threads. It's just a game. If you take things so serious that you're gonna talk that way to me, then maybe you shouldn't post even when we're losing. Take a deep breath and back away young pup.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Well Heck you guys...we have the winningest coach in school history. And we almost lost him to Tennessee. We should be happy and proud to even have kept him when a bunch of other schools want him.
They can have him.
I’ll trade Airman to another fan base for a bag of magic beans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Most of our "talent" was sitting on the sidelines, especially our consenses best player going into the year...but I agree we should have used Chuba more...and I agree the defense played pretty well and the officiating was horrible.
What did you do to @orangerulez , @007Poke and @VaPoke to incur their rath? Shoot their dogs?, Key their cars? Oh, my!
Or are they members of the Hate Rack Society?
A0E931A3-B0D4-4AEE-A5C4-57E74DE1D7D1.jpeg

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What did you do to @orangerulez , @007Poke and @VaPoke to incur their rath? Shoot their dogs?, Key their cars? Oh, my!
Or are they members of the Hate Rack Society?
View attachment 76187
I just post facts that they don't like...which is most anything short of their "fire Gundy" montra...this particular post must have been really bad...lol
The odd thing about most of them is that they don't post at all until we are losing or when we do lose and then they come over and attempt to pull people to the dark side of their Gundy hate. They seem to think that 100% of our issues (which to them are end of the world bad) are on Gundy and that if we had another coach we would be instant BAMA (just add a coach)…

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I just post facts that they don't like...which is most anything short of their "fire Gundy" montra...this particular post must have been really bad...lol
The odd thing about most of them is that they don't post at all until we are losing or when we do lose and then they come over and attempt to pull people to the dark side of their Gundy hate. They seem to think that 100% of our issues (which to them are end of the world bad) are on Gundy and that if we had another coach we would be instant BAMA (just add a coach)…
You are the strawman king.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
@ThePoke and @ChairmanoftheBoard my sentiments are very similar to what you guys are saying. We have been season ticket holders for a long, long time and I have just about had enough. It's the feeling that no one is accountable and it's not getting any better. I will continue to be a fan, but I'm not so sure they need my ticket money any longer. I have better places to spend thousands than going to a place where my loyalty and cash are taken for granted.
Family member asked me over Christmas if I was taking my family to bowl game my response "I've seen enough", glad I didn't even consider going

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
@Chairman of the Board , this pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I’ll never wish anything negative for this team, a player or a coach. However, I will invest my entertainment dollars into other programs like baseball, softball and basketball (was at the BOK last week). Those programs are on the rise and it’s not just hype. This is not a knee jerk reaction to last night. I stepped down from 20 years of season tickets to just a 3-pack this season. Still not sure what I’ll do next year.
I'll never tell anyone how to spend their own money, but good lord, your standards for support are "those programs are on the rise and it's not just hype"??? That's awesome.

Good to know that one of the winningest programs in the country over the last decade isn't worth your support. I'm sure you'll be all over Equestrian in a year or so.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I'll never tell anyone how to spend their own money, but good lord, your standards for support are "those programs are on the rise and it's not just hype"??? That's awesome.

Good to know that one of the winningest programs in the country over the last decade isn't worth your support. I'm sure you'll be all over Equestrian in a year or so.
Critical much? As mentioned, I have proudly supported the football program during the last 2 decades. I now have retirement in sight and my butt doesn't have to be in a stadium seat to still support the programs at the university I love. I will always be an annual donor and I know other donors that don't have season tickets or attend every game (which is apparently your standard of being a fan). Not sure why my personal choice caused you to be so butt-hurt but you'll be fine.

As for your "not just hype" response... Are any/all of the following incorrect?
Has baseball improved under JH? (I was at the CWS in 2016)
Has women's basketball improved over the past 5 or so years?
Has men's basketball improved under MB?
Has women's soccer improved over the past 5 or so years?
Has wrestling improved in recent years? (proving that even a dominant program can still rise)

You really look like a Sooner when football is the only sport you choose to "officially" recognize.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Critical much? As mentioned, I have proudly supported the football program during the last 2 decades. I now have retirement in sight and my butt doesn't have to be in a stadium seat to still support the programs at the university I love. I will always be an annual donor and I know other donors that don't have season tickets or attend every game (which is apparently your standard of being a fan). Not sure why my personal choice caused you to be so butt-hurt but you'll be fine.

As for your "not just hype" response... Are any/all of the following incorrect?
Has baseball improved under JH? (I was at the CWS in 2016)
Has women's basketball improved over the past 5 or so years?
Has men's basketball improved under MB?
Has women's soccer improved over the past 5 or so years?
Has wrestling improved in recent years? (proving that even a dominant program can still rise)

You really look like a Sooner when football is the only sport you choose to "officially" recognize.
I live 650 miles away, & don't buy season tickets for anything, hence my very first statement in my post. I'm not superfine, criticizing someone for not being at every event, by any means. I just found it funny how you talked about all the other programs being "on the rise", when they've all got relatively newfound success in comparison to football. Accuse me of "look(ing) like a Sooner" all you want, I could give a $hit with that weak response.

Let's just take a moment, though, & review all your "has....?" points here.

Baseball? Perhaps. A CWS appearance 4 years ago, & a brand new stadium should help. Let's not act like the program's in some other stratosphere since Anderson left & dealt with sanctions over Oliver's case. Btw, I thought it was time to move on from Anderson.

Women's BB? Seriously? Love Coach Littell, but anyone who's followed the program knows the high water mark was Budke's sweet 16 team nearly a decade ago. Glad we're on solid footing, but that's it, we go to the tourney now regularly. So, no, the past 5 years don't show some obvious "on the rise" phenomenon.

Men's BB? Recruiting looks great in year 3, we're mediocre once again. We'll wait & see here.

Women's Soccer: Peaked a couple of years ago, haven't gone as deep in the tourney. When does that go from a team "on the rise", to an annual bowl game scenario?

Wrestling? Seriously?????

So my point is simple: you're cherry-picking the team "on the rise" here, & ignoring success of over a decade, & in the process, underrating what it takes to sustain success. Tell me again about the greatness Rich Wieligman will lead us to in softball, please.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I live 650 miles away, & don't buy season tickets for anything, hence my very first statement in my post. I'm not superfine, criticizing someone for not being at every event, by any means. I just found it funny how you talked about all the other programs being "on the rise", when they've all got relatively newfound success in comparison to football. Accuse me of "look(ing) like a Sooner" all you want, I could give a $hit with that weak response.

Let's just take a moment, though, & review all your "has....?" points here.

Baseball? Perhaps. A CWS appearance 4 years ago, & a brand new stadium should help. Let's not act like the program's in some other stratosphere since Anderson left & dealt with sanctions over Oliver's case. Btw, I thought it was time to move on from Anderson.

Women's BB? Seriously? Love Coach Littell, but anyone who's followed the program knows the high water mark was Budke's sweet 16 team nearly a decade ago. Glad we're on solid footing, but that's it, we go to the tourney now regularly. So, no, the past 5 years don't show some obvious "on the rise" phenomenon.

Men's BB? Recruiting looks great in year 3, we're mediocre once again. We'll wait & see here.

Women's Soccer: Peaked a couple of years ago, haven't gone as deep in the tourney. When does that go from a team "on the rise", to an annual bowl game scenario?

Wrestling? Seriously?????

So my point is simple: you're cherry-picking the team "on the rise" here, & ignoring success of over a decade, & in the process, underrating what it takes to sustain success. Tell me again about the greatness Rich Wieligman will lead us to in softball, please.
I think you meant you "couldn't give a $hit" but apparently you still give enough $hit to reply with a rambling response that's so far off topic from my original post. Again, where I spend my money within the university is something I take a look at every year. I made a change in football last season and might do it again in 2020. But, you just keep doing you and attack members of our own fan base.