Official Texas Bowl Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The fact we went from the Oregon state game offense to that is mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How so...@Oregon State Wallace was unstoppable as was Sanders...Neither played more than 3 snaps yesterday. It's not the x's and o's it's the jimmies and joes and our jimmy and joe were BOTH on the sidelines...not to mention our best defensive player. Still, I agree, we should have been able to muster a win against what I think is a pretty poor ATM squad even if you just direct snap to Hubbard every play...AND even with them playing basically a home game. Certainly if we don't miss field goals and play a little more up-tempo, even with our depleted roster, we would have won. Even with all that we have a chance at the end if we recover an on-sides. IS what it is.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Mike Gundy. I was 8 when he was 18 and playing QB at OSU, so I’ve watched him almost my whole life. He’s taken the program to new heights and deserves lots of credit for that. I’m not one that thinks that every play that doesn’t work was a bad call. But I also think there is a 2 year concerning trend about his program.
He’s made his mark by beating the teams he should, and for a long time we won most of the “even matchups.”
But the last two seasons, that hasn’t happened as much. We’ve lost 5 or 6 games to teams we flat out should have beaten. This year that included Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Last year included Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, and Iowa State. With the exception of perhaps TTU last year, the team played very poorly in those losses and basically pissed the game away (that’s how you lose to average teams, after all). OSU fans have the right to expect better than 15-11. Losing to teams you should beat is just bad football.
His contract is too big, but I’m to the point now where I wouldn’t mind if we parted ways. I hope he’s right about the future, but I don’t see it. This team/program is pretty stagnant. I’m tired of all the quirks, secrecy, lack of imagination, and strange decisions.
I don’t buy that you couldn’t get a good young coach here. And if it was just 4-5 years, then fine. The program is capable of more.
I won’t root against him. If we go 11-2 next year I’ll be more than happy to have been wrong, but I’ll be very surprised.
@Chairman of the Board , this pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I’ll never wish anything negative for this team, a player or a coach. However, I will invest my entertainment dollars into other programs like baseball, softball and basketball (was at the BOK last week). Those programs are on the rise and it’s not just hype. This is not a knee jerk reaction to last night. I stepped down from 20 years of season tickets to just a 3-pack this season. Still not sure what I’ll do next year.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There’s optimism and then there’s delusional. Rack is in the second group.
I think I picked us to win 9 games (we missed it by 1)...delusion is to think we would win the conference (or finish second) with a QB that had never taken a college snap and a brand new Ivy League OC. I'm not delusional, I just like our team and coaching staff...win or lose. Delusion is to only like them when they don't reach "your" out of control expectations.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
About what I expected, unfortunately. Pathetic waste of talent, predictable offensive play calling, horrible special teams play. A head coach that’s egotistical and too stubborn to make a change and keeps doing what isn’t working. Not the recipe for success.

The defense played pretty well and has shown some improvement.

Officiating was terrible.

Glad I didn’t go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of our "talent" was sitting on the sidelines, especially our consenses best player going into the year...but I agree we should have used Chuba more...and I agree the defense played pretty well and the officiating was horrible.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You are an unstoppable excuse machine! Your delusion makes me sad.
What excuses...we should have won despite the facts I presented. Our kicker should have made at least one of those kicks and we at least have a chance in OT. We should have run Hubbard more and not tried to win with decisions by a QB without the tools needed at this level. Granted with all that going against us we still had our opportunities and should have won. None of that is an excuse, only a clear look at reality. It's not sad to be a positive fan...you should try it...it's a much better place than where you seem to reside.

Osuc

Greenhorn
Sep 10, 2016
Tonkawa, hawaii
Well Heck you guys...we have the winningest coach in school history. And we almost lost him to Tennessee. We should be happy and proud to even have kept him when a bunch of other schools want him.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Gundy said he's excited about the direction of the program and that it could have tanked and that no one with OSU should leave tonight with their head down.

He was very upbeat and sounded like he was not upset at all.

Robert then mentioned how much he liked the recruiting class, which pretty much summed up how worthless the interview was.

Oh....
And Gundy said we had good plans on both offense and defense
Absolutely gutless. I'm 100% done with him.

Oct 30, 2012
Future is bright!! Would’ve been awesome to win obviously. But I’m pumped about the direction of the defense. I was there in person and we matched their physicality majority of the game with a very young defense. Offense will be back to what it was soon. Go Pokes!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
What excuses...we should have won despite the facts I presented. Our kicker should have made at least one of those kicks and we at least have a chance in OT. We should have run Hubbard more and not tried to win with decisions by a QB without the tools needed at this level. Granted with all that going against us we still had our opportunities and should have won. None of that is an excuse, only a clear look at reality. It's not sad to be a positive fan...you should try it...it's a much better place than where you seem to reside.
Your delusion is palpable.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Future is bright!! Would’ve been awesome to win obviously. But I’m pumped about the direction of the defense. I was there in person and we matched their physicality majority of the game with a very young defense. Offense will be back to what it was soon. Go Pokes!
Please tell me you're joking. You're as delusional as Rack.

Nov 14, 2010
Absolutely gutless. I'm 100% done with him.
The positive about last night is that more and more people are beginning to see the wtf stuff Gundy does that we've been discussing.

They're also seeing how his ego and pride are getting in the way as well.

People spent money and family time to watch us go 7 possessions in a row without scoring, botch the 1st half the way we did, and not stop A&M at all in the 4th quarter.

Last night and this morning I've had more of my friends that are diehard Gundy loyalist say wtf than ever before

Last night, just about every host on Triple Play Sports had a wtf attitude towards last nights play calling and that's not that stations schtick.

Robert Allen even said on the air that our offense needs to be re calibrated in the off season

Thise are all good things.

Some people are extra cautious to turn for fear of the possibility of us going 0-10 and becoming a cellar dweller again.

I totally understand their position based on their experience with OSU.l, but they are running out of excuses.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
@Chairman of the Board , this pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I’ll never wish anything negative for this team, a player or a coach. However, I will invest my entertainment dollars into other programs like baseball, softball and basketball (was at the BOK last week). Those programs are on the rise and it’s not just hype. This is not a knee jerk reaction to last night. I stepped down from 20 years of season tickets to just a 3-pack this season. Still not sure what I’ll do next year.
@ThePoke and @ChairmanoftheBoard my sentiments are very similar to what you guys are saying. We have been season ticket holders for a long, long time and I have just about had enough. It's the feeling that no one is accountable and it's not getting any better. I will continue to be a fan, but I'm not so sure they need my ticket money any longer. I have better places to spend thousands than going to a place where my loyalty and cash are taken for granted.

Last edited: