Official Texas Bowl Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Disappointing loss considering how we started the game. Special teams was a killer with the botched punt to basically give them 7 followed by the missed fg...10 point swing. We have really missed Tylan and SS down the stretch. I hate it when we beat ourselves.

The aggies chanting SEC is still bush league though...It's weak and for teams that can't claim their own accolades. lol

Oct 29, 2016
US
Wow..watching a real offense with Wazzu..forgot what that looked like...
If Gundy retires at the end of his contract and Leach is still coaching, I'd have no problem with Leach as our head coach. That won't ever happen, but it's mind-boggling that no one has hired Leach away from Washington State. It's a terrible program, mostly because of the horrid facilities and lack of big-money donors.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Disappointing loss considering how we started the game. Special teams was a killer with the botched punt to basically give them 7 followed by the missed fg...10 point swing. We have really missed Tylan and SS down the stretch. I hate it when we beat ourselves.

The aggies chanting SEC is still bush league though...It's weak and for teams that can't claim their own accolades. lol
Apparently they love getting dominated in the sec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Wow..watching a real offense with Wazzu..forgot what that looked like...
If Gundy retires at the end of his contract and Leach is still coaching, I'd have no problem with Leach is our head coach. That won't ever happen, but it's mind-boggling that no one has hired Leach away from Washington State. It's a terrible program, mostly because of the horrid facilities and lack of big-money donors.
Does his contract end?

Aug 26, 2004
And I am a big fan of HCMG. He may get paid more than you think he should but look at the overall players he gets. Fairly good players yes but not the 4 and 5 stars he has to compete with. Even aTm has a high star recruiting class pretty much every year. Sure he gets a couple here and there but it takes more than two or three even on one side of the ball. I don't think he gets complacent. I think he realizes you can only get so much out of an individual. Yes an individual not an athlete. You listen to his press conferences and he talks more of life lessons for these individuals and preparation for that next step. He speaks of this more than just the games. I know one thing each one of his players can probably handle the losses knowing that they tried. Just saying

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
And I am a big fan of HCMG. He may get paid more than you think he should but look at the overall players he gets. Fairly good players yes but not the 4 and 5 stars he has to compete with. Even aTm has a high star recruiting class pretty much every year. Sure he gets a couple here and there but it takes more than two or three even on one side of the ball. I don't think he gets complacent. I think he realizes you can only get so much out of an individual. Yes an individual not an athlete. You listen to his press conferences and he talks more of life lessons for these individuals and preparation for that next step. He speaks of this more than just the games. I know one thing each one of his players can probably handle the losses knowing that they tried. Just saying
I do agree at the end of the day it’s just a game, and honestly a meaningless bowl game. I don’t fault anyone for being pissed off im pissed off though. People spend a lot of time and money investing in this team then get short changed by terrible coaching.

Nov 18, 2011
SS with a healthy thumb isn’t as good a passer as Dru....better runner, not passer.
I saw them both this season. Besides some turnovers early, SS is hands down better, passing, running, whatever. Dru Brown might be the worst qb we’ve seen in the Gundy era (exception Alex Cate who played one half).

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
SS with a healthy thumb isn’t as good a passer as Dru....better runner, not passer.
I saw them both this season. Besides some turnovers early, SS is hands down better, passing, running, whatever. Dru Brown might be the worst qb we’ve seen in the Gundy era (exception Alex Cate who played one half).
I give brown the edge over daxx. Brown can at least move. Makes us whish we were a little more greatful for a Walsh or corndog or chelf. It can always be worse.

Dec 6, 2013
Most stereotypical OSU post ever

Nov 14, 2010
Anybody have his post game words of wisdom?

Gundy said he's excited about the direction of the program and that it could have tanked and that no one with OSU should leave tonight with their head down.

He was very upbeat and sounded like he was not upset at all.

Robert then mentioned how much he liked the recruiting class, which pretty much summed up how worthless the interview was.

Oh....
And Gundy said we had good plans on both offense and defense