Official Texas Bowl Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Don’t blame Dru. He played hard, he had terrible protection and abhorrent play calling.
He played hard, but they really did lean on his decisions making too much when we should have handed it off to Hubbard far more. I'm grateful to Dru Brown, just think it's hard to lean so much on your back up.
He has to shoulder some of the blame. He missed open guys that would have resulted in tds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well I guess at least we beat the spread...not happy with that game, but it's not the end of the world either. Not having your starting QB and all world WR makes a HUGE difference in games...Sanders got hurt just when he was coming into his own and his thumb wasn't ready today. Hope Wallace and Hubbard return...IF they do we will be very very good next year.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
The offense and the coaching staff (except Knowles) owe our defense an apology. They were on the field nearly the entire game and played their asses off. Worst offensive play calling imaginable. Gundy should apologize to his players and to the fans who spent their hard earned money to travel and support the team. Changes need to be made....
I agree. Defense did their job in the 1st half and played tough just patiently waiting for A&M to imploded with their penalties and turnovers. A&M is an undisciplined team. Unfortunately our under-coached special teams let them back in and gave them confidence. There’s your ballgame.

I guess the good news is this was a meaningless bowl game.

Oct 30, 2007
There's no excuse for us to go nearly 3 quarters without scoring.
There's no excuse for giving the best running back in the country 19 carries.
There's no excuse for the train wreck we saw on special teams.

This was a bad loss. I don't mind getting beat by a better team, but I hate walking away from a game feeling like we beat ourselves. We definitely didn't play up to our potential tonight.

You have to give major props to our defense. They played well despite the fact they were shorthanded. They just got worn down because our offense couldn't stay on the field. They deserved to get the win.

Feb 18, 2009
Having a new coordinator and a new quarterback is NOT a recipe for success...it's having a veteran at both spots that is...weird that you bought in so hard to a freshman QB who never played a down and a Ivy league first year OC. Next year could be really good if we keep some stars from the nfl...but this year was not really the year to win the conference. Next year could be...but it's like two away when the, yet to arrive, freshman QB is staring to pull into his prime. I don't know why but I think he's the real deal.
If you can’t see the similarities between last year and this, I can help you. No one can.

Coach has abandoned what made us successful. That cannot be argued.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Well I guess at least we beat the spread...not happy with that game, but it's not the end of the world either. Not having your starting QB and all world WR makes a HUGE difference in games...Sanders got hurt just when he was coming into his own and his thumb wasn't ready today. Hope Wallace and Hubbard return...IF they do we will be very very good next year.
You are an unstoppable excuse machine! Your delusion makes me sad.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
What a waste of a career for Stoner. When given a chance on offense all he does is get first downs with an occasional long play. Guess he's only good to block for other receivers in Gundy ball. Remember the last few games of the regular season? They gave him a chance and he produced touch downs. Now, tonight they target him twice. One for a first down and the other with a poorly thrown ball or it would have been a TD. Why did Gundy go away from him again for this game? I guess reliable 10 - 15 yard catches just don't fit into the system.
Don’t you know he got his chances. We ran the special pop play for him. You know where get gets it 5 yards behind the line going the short side of the field where literally everyone is bunched up and he has to try and weave his way through 10 guys before he gets back to the line of scrimmage.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If you can’t see the similarities between last year and this, I can help you. No one can.

Coach has abandoned what made us successful. That cannot be argued.
He's abandoned having awesome Qb's or long term OC's? Seriously dude we just don't have the QB to run the scheme we want too and ran the RB's as that was our strength this year...it will morph into something better when we have better Qb's. Our QB was starting to come into his own right when he got hurt...it is what it is...move forward and get better. Not having Wallace certainly hurt us end of the year...

Last edited:

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Felt like Dax ball all over again
That's because it IS Daxx ball. Has been since Monken left. Literally nothing has changed.
Daxx May have won this game. He could complete a deep ball. Just nothing short of that. Of course if it were daxx we would have just ran intermediate routes

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Don’t you know he got his chances. We ran the special pop play for him. You know where get gets it 5 yards behind the line going the short side of the field where literally everyone is bunched up and he has to try and weave his way through 10 guys before he gets back to the line of scrimmage.

He's a Junior so he's got another year to make his mark.

Jan 14, 2006
What game were you watching? Other than a couple of chuck plays in the 1st he was gosh awful. I’ll agree that play calling was bad and we should have given to our superstar running back 35 times, but mostly because our QBs play was so inept.
Speaking of what game were you watching, did you see the tape job on his thumb/ hand? I'm impressed he could throw as well as he did. The inconsistency was hard to watch but it was a good effort from a tough kid.

About what I expected, unfortunately. Pathetic waste of talent, predictable offensive play calling, horrible special teams play. A head coach that’s egotistical and too stubborn to make a change and keeps doing what isn’t working. Not the recipe for success.

The defense played pretty well and has shown some improvement.

Officiating was terrible.

Glad I didn’t go.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What a waste of a career for Stoner. When given a chance on offense all he does is get first downs with an occasional long play. Guess he's only good to block for other receivers in Gundy ball. Remember the last few games of the regular season? They gave him a chance and he produced touch downs. Now, tonight they target him twice. One for a first down and the other with a poorly thrown ball or it would have been a TD. Why did Gundy go away from him again for this game? I guess reliable 10 - 15 yard catches just don't fit into the system.
Well he's a Junior so....there's that.