Official Texas Bowl Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Did we run one trick play? I don’t remember watching a bowl game where both teams didn’t run at least one. Aggies ran a reverse at least
Correct. 30 days isn’t long enough to conceive trick plays.
But we didn’t really practice those full 30 days.

Helmets and shoulder pads
Full pads
Special teams only, which was a waste of time
Off day

That was the rotation the last month. So that’s what 10ish practices and half of that in full pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
But we didn’t really practice those full 30 days.

Helmets and shoulder pads
Full pads
Special teams only, which was a waste of time
Off day

That was the rotation the last month. So that’s what 10ish practices and half of that in full pads.

the special teams only practice was an xbox practice. it showed tonight.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Those 6 points Amendolla left on the field sure would have been nice there at the end... Even just 3 points would have helped...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I bought in this year, I really thought new coordinator, new quarterback, offensive weapons all over the field, it would be fun. He screwed me again.

Never again.
Having a new coordinator and a new quarterback is NOT a recipe for success...it's having a veteran at both spots that is...weird that you bought in so hard to a freshman QB who never played a down and a Ivy league first year OC. Next year could be really good if we keep some stars from the nfl...but this year was not really the year to win the conference. Next year could be...but it's like two away when the, yet to arrive, freshman QB is staring to pull into his prime. I don't know why but I think he's the real deal.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Those 6 points Amendolla left on the field sure would have been nice there at the end... Even just 3 points would have helped...

Yep, that second one he should have made and it would have made a HUGE difference.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
At a time when we probably should have kept giving Chuba the rock, we go away from it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

Yep, that second one he should have made and it would have maybe a HUGE difference.
That first one I'm OK with, it was just out of his range. The second though he should have made though had he not shanked left again...

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
At a time when we probably should have kept giving Chuba the rock, we go away from it.

Avg 8.3 a carry and only carried it 19 times. Not sure if gundy was protecting him or what. But they couldn’t stop him. I mean we didn’t have johnson open numerous times but when it was clear he couldn’t hit him he should have reverted back to Hubbard.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Don’t blame Dru. He played hard, he had terrible protection and abhorrent play calling.
He played hard, but they really did lean on his decisions making too much when we should have handed it off to Hubbard far more. I'm grateful to Dru Brown, just think it's hard to lean so much on your back up.

Nov 18, 2011
Don’t blame Dru. He played hard, he had terrible protection and abhorrent play calling.
What game were you watching? Other than a couple of chuck plays in the 1st he was gosh awful. I’ll agree that play calling was bad and we should have given to our superstar running back 35 times, but mostly because our QBs play was so inept.

Jan 17, 2007
What a waste of a career for Stoner. When given a chance on offense all he does is get first downs with an occasional long play. Guess he's only good to block for other receivers in Gundy ball. Remember the last few games of the regular season? They gave him a chance and he produced touch downs. Now, tonight they target him twice. One for a first down and the other with a poorly thrown ball or it would have been a TD. Why did Gundy go away from him again for this game? I guess reliable 10 - 15 yard catches just don't fit into the system.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

Avg 8.3 a carry and only carried it 19 times. Not sure if gundy was protecting him or what. But they couldn’t stop him. I mean we didn’t have johnson open numerous times but when it was clear he couldn’t hit him he should have reverted back to Hubbard.

Could not agree more!