Official Texas Bowl Thread: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Well, hello again, old friend. Seems like only yesterday I started my first game thread in this forum against you at the beginning of this decade. Only fitting that we should close out a decade of Cowboy football against you, Texas Aggies.

Hopefully you've found yourselves wanting for nothing in the SEC, and from the looks of it, you're about where you were when you were bouncing around in Big XII country: somewhere in the middle, with a few flashes of brilliance. You remember when we used to hang around with Colorado every few years? Yeah, we saw them a few years ago. Beat 'em.

Took a couple of tries, but you remember Mizzou? They thought a lot like you. Beat them too.

Remember 2011 when you and Mr. Tannehill spotted us a big deficit before we sent you to your new friends with another L? Brandon Weeden remembers.

Any of that necessarily matter for a lower-tier bowl that reads like a home game for y'all in 2019? Surely not. Maybe...

...or maybe we remind you who spent the last few years you were looking around this conference mentally shopping for new digs whipping your ass on offense. On defense. On special teams. And ask Jerrod Johnson: meme-ability.

It's time for a good ol' fashioned Big XII with actually twelve teams fashioned smackdown in Houston. Let's send these seniors out right. And beat the hell outta A&M.

Go Pokes! Beat the Aggies!

Texas A&M University Aggies vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Friday, December 27, 2019, 5:45 PM CDT
at NRG Stadium, Houston, TX

2019 Records
A&M 7-5 (4-4), OSU 8-4 (5-4)
A&M leads the series, 17-10
TV: ESPN
Suddenlink: 35
DirecTV: 206

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
ESPN Radio

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

A&M Roster

A&M Game Notes

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
The aggies are a hard team to gauge this season..

Wins: Texas State, Lamar, Arkansas, at Ole Miss, Miss State, UTSA, and South Carolina
Losses: at Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, at Georgia,and at LSU.

Only 1 win against a bowl team...yet a brutal schedule with the average margin of loss by 18 points.

I like our chances if we get the run game going. Hopefully the Pokes are prepared and ready for this one.

Oklahoma State Points per drive: 2.50 (43rd)
Oklahoma State gives up 2.14 points per drive. (57th)

aTm averages 2.27 points per drive. (67th)
aTm Defense gives up 1.96 points per drive. (40th)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I like being the dog in this game. I hope that fires up the staff and the team. HCMG needs this game...he needs it for momentum going into the offseason and for a trajectory for next year and beyond. Sanders needs this game...he needs to prove that the last few games before his thumb injury are the real deal and not the midseason turnover fest...Chuba needs this game...he needs to leave his mark on the college football elite media who didn't vote him the awards they should have and on the nfl if he want's to go pro this year. The o-line needs this game...to show that they have become a dominate unit, even against SEC defensive players...The DC needs this game...to show that pre - OU games and a late season spurt weren't just a blip and that he can coach em up even without HP who was a game changer late. The OC also needs this game to show that he has more than up the middle plays into a stacked deck.

Should be fun! Go Pokes! beat the Aggies!

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I heard Gundy on the pre-game radio show saying that the qb’s had very limited reps to prep for this game. Anyone know why Brown had limited reps?

He went on to say due to that, the offensive scheme will not be very robust. OSU will do a limited number of plays really well. I am not encouraged by this at all as it hints to limited offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I heard Gundy on the pre-game radio show saying that the qb’s had very limited reps to prep for this game. Anyone know why Brown had limited reps?

He went on to say due to that, the offensive scheme will not be very robust. OSU will do a limited number of plays really well. I am not encouraged by this at all as it hints to limited offense.

Maybe he's just kidding

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

lololol As if it could get any more watered down. We'll go from running a max of 7 plays to a max of 4 plays. Sounds like a great excuse to run into stacked boxes and hope for the best!

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004

I heard that also. Expect to see Hubbard hammered into 6-7 man box repeatedly.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

Maybe he's just kidding

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Hopefully gamesmanship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk