Official Homecoming Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Well, as bad as this loss feels...Kansas just tied it up 40-40 @ #15 Texas with 4:25 remaining.

The Schadenfreude is strong in Austin

Apr 7, 2006
So you think everything is fine with the program?
I'm not sure if we have a problem with the program or a couple years of unsatisfactory results, but I don't like the results. There is, however, a difference in being dissatisfied in the outcome and behaving in a childish manner in an internet forum to express my displeasure.

Honestly the odd thought I've had for the last couple weeks is how frustrated I am we lost games in the last 10 years when we had our chances. I say that only because I believe every program is going to have its ups and downs and I think (or maybe hope) we're in an ebb right now with better days ahead. From a talent/experience standpoint, the last 2 years make sense for us to be rebuilding.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I'm not sure if we have a problem with the program or a couple years of unsatisfactory results, but I don't like the results. There is, however, a difference in being satisfied in the outcome and behaving in a childish manner in an internet forum to express my displeasure.

Honestly the odd thought I've had for the last couple weeks is how frustrated I am we lost games in the last 10 years when we had our chances. I say that only because I believe every program is going to have its ups and downs and I think (or maybe hope) we're in an ebb right now with better days ahead. From a talent/experience standpoint, the last 2 years make sense for us to be rebuilding.
Why should we be rebuilding after years of success. We should be reloading, not rebuilding. Rebuilding suggests that somewhere along the line, things were ignored, allowed to dip and neglected. Our recruiting should have been better and easier. We should have attracted more talented players wanting to play for an up and coming OSU. Yet, look at the recruiting results. They don't lie. As much as we'd love to say we don't need the 4 and 5 star players, there are too many more successful programs that show that attitude ridiculous to ignore.

Our results since 2011 are pathetic.

Apr 7, 2006
I'm well aware that things aren't going well, just laughing at the reactions. I used to enjoy the reactions on Texags after a loss and there's is not much difference here (not sure we'll ever make it completely to Texags though).

Apr 7, 2006
Why should we be rebuilding after years of success. We should be reloading, not rebuilding. Rebuilding suggests that somewhere along the line, things were ignored, allowed to dip and neglected. Our recruiting should have been better and easier. We should have attracted more talented players wanting to play for an up and coming OSU. Yet, look at the recruiting results. They don't lie. As much as we'd love to say we don't need the 4 and 5 star players, there are too many more successful programs that show that attitude ridiculous to ignore.

Hahahahaha that's awesome. We've won 62 games since 2011- averaging right at 9 per year. Yep- that's "pathetic"

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
KU just lost to Texas in Austin 50-48 on a last-second field goal. They outplayed Texas and they look damn good. We’re likely not getting to 6-6 this year. 5-7 looks more like a real possibility.

Give the Mad Hatter two recruiting classes and he’ll be in the top of the Big 12 every year fighting it out with OU and Texas. On the other hand we look to be headed toward Bob SimmonsVille....

Apr 14, 2008
Texas

Now you're just piling on with ridiculous hyperbole. Since 2011 (7 seasons) we've had (4) 10-win seasons, another Biletnikoff winner (and shoulda had another last year), our best QB ever, appearances in Sugar Bowl and Cotton Bowl.

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK

Sorry but blue-bloods reload and we are just not there. Defense and the offensive line were neglected too long to reload. I like the progress on our offensive line with Coach Dickey given the talent but the jury is out on the defense. Defense has shown flashes so not sure if talent or schemes are the issue. We also replaced a mediocre XFL qb with a redshirt freshman under a new coordinator. All looks like rebuilding to me.

docp

Greenhorn
Sep 18, 2019
catoosa ok
Sorry but blue-bloods reload and we are just not there. Defense and the offensive line were neglected too long to reload. I like the progress on our offensive line with Coach Dickey given the talent but the jury is out on the defense. Defense has shown flashes so not sure if talent or schemes are the issue. We also replaced a mediocre XFL qb with a redshirt freshman under a new coordinator. All looks like rebuilding to me.

Sep 6, 2011
It’s not like the line neglect or multiple years of inept defense occurred under a different head coach...

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Hahahahaha that's awesome. We've won 62 games since 2011- averaging right at 9 per year. Yep- that's "pathetic"
His overall record is really impressive. Gundy deserves a lot of credit for that. At the same time, we just came off a decade where UT found a way to under achieve dramatically, even OU wasn't up to their national championship level. Boone and others gave unprecedented amounts to lift the program.

So you can point to win loss records and compare to our mediocre past but as each year passes it appears the stats in favor of Gundy will have to lean heavily on our decade which will fade further and further in the rear view mirror.

I honestly don't know what the answer is, and it's hard for me to make the jump to the fire Gundy crowd, but I understand the frustration.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Okay. Then I misread your intent and I apologize. It's not the first time I've been wrong nor will it be the last.
But, I am not above reaching for a laugh or forgiveness.
We're all a little edgy as we adjust to the new reality of our program.