Official Homecoming Game Thread: Baylor vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Welcome back, y'all. It's America's Greatest Homecoming!

A lot of alumni/alumnae are in town to see the place that helped make them who they are this week. A lot of folks are going to be walking up and down the Strip and University Avenue. All sorts of people will be ordering Limeys from the Copper Penny, or taking pictures of their kids next to the statue of the Spirit Rider. Returning Cowboys and Cowgirls will point out buildings they lived in, went to class in, or where those buildings used to be. They'll also marvel (or perhaps quietly observe) buildings that sprung up in their absence. They'll bump into old friends and classmates on their way to and from tailgates, or in the bathroom line at the Student Union, or even at the concession stands at Boone Pickens Stadium. They'll forget what they thought they once knew and try to drive down Monroe in the middle of the day, or think they can park close to Eskimo Joe's on game day, or light up a smoke in the Stonewall Tavern by accident.

At the end of the day, come what may on the field, everyone who will be present and all those watching around the world, will be there for the love of their university, and their alma mater. And nothing would make it sweeter than to take a piece out of an undefeated Baylor team who fancies themselves title contenders in the Big XII.

Again.

Enjoy Homecoming, have an orange day, and let's remind these Baylor folks that they don't come to our homecoming and get to dance (that's against the rules, anyway).

Go Pokes! Beat the Bears!

Baylor University Bears vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday October 19, 2019 3:00 PM CT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK

2019 Records
BU 6-0 (3-0), OSU 4-2 (1-2)
OSU leads the series, 20-17
TV: FOX
Suddenlink: 12
DirecTV: 12
DiSH: 12

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 134, XM 200, Internet 954

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

Baylor Roster

Baylor Game Notes

Dec 15, 2004
Edmond
O line is the biggest key to watch for......if they don't come out more aggressive AND assignment-sound.....then things won't go well.
Also, even a young quarterback has to value possession.
And tackling has to return to the level it was against K-State.
These three keys will hopefully lead to a VERY BRIGHT Orange homecoming mud-stomp!

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
O line is the biggest key to watch for......if they don't come out more aggressive AND assignment-sound.....then things won't go well.
Also, even a young quarterback has to value possession.
And tackling has to return to the level it was against K-State.
These three keys will hopefully lead to a VERY BRIGHT Orange homecoming mud-stomp!
Something tells me blocking was a major focus the last couple weeks. For the OL and RBs/WRs. All of them had issues vs TT. Hopefully we see a much better performance tomorrow.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think players returning from injuries, etc... Is what's going to be the key difference here. O-Line getting back some guys will help the blocking issues.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm ready for the rest of the family to show up for the Sea of Orange parade.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Last year we under performed and allowed Baylor a path to play in, and win, a bowl game. Without our help it was just another losing season at Baylor. This year we could help Baylor's path to the Big 12 Championship game. How disgusting would that be?

We won't be so benevolent this year.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Hey. Anyone have an extra ticket so my kid can go to the game?
Text me at 405 hhh 762 bbb 1645
Thanks.