Official Game Thread: Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
Well howdy, defense. You're looking pretty good.

That was a legacy quarterback with a lot of potential that you slapped around last week. Not too shabby. Now comes a freshman who certainly wings the ball around, and his movie star-looking head coach. Maybe we should get his autograph.

We all know the drill. It's Texas Tech: they're going to sling the rock all over the field and rack up 500 yards with the same amount of effort it takes to convince yourself to open just one more beer. But the thing about that is, it doesn't matter how many yards they get, or how many different receivers get touches. The only number that matters at the end of the day is the number on the scoreboard next our name, and that it's bigger than the other guy's. Hopefully, Tech had fun playing Houston and Lamar. Because the Big XII starts now.

Go Pokes! Beat the Red Raiders!

Texas Tech University Red Raiders vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 6:00 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK

2018 Records
OSU 3-0 (0-0), TTU 2-1 (0-0)
Series tied, 21-21-3
TV: FS1
Suddenlink: 37/237
Cox: 67
DirecTV: 219
DiSH: 150

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 211, XM 199

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

TTU Roster

TTU Game Notes

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Has anyone been watching gameday? Have they even mentioned OSU yet? I turned it on a bit ago and saw the "you had one job" segment. I was just waiting to see the boise kicker shield mentioned for not protecting their guy twice, but nothing.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Just remember, we beat Tech when we weren’t very good in 2014. We need to carry on tradition and beat them.
It wasn't part of this streak but we also beat them in 2005 when it was our only conference win of the year and they were ranked #13.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just remember, we beat Tech when we weren’t very good in 2014. We need to carry on tradition and beat them.
It wasn't part of this streak but we also beat them in 2005 when it was our only conference win of the year and they were ranked #13.
I believe that game started the streak of home wins against tech. This may be the 10th possible straight win, but they haven't won in Stillwater since that game from what I heard on the radio yesterday.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
Has anyone been watching gameday? Have they even mentioned OSU yet? I turned it on a bit ago and saw the "you had one job" segment. I was just waiting to see the boise kicker shield mentioned for not protecting their guy twice, but nothing.

The only thing I saw was Herbie saying Tech would cover the spread, but lose.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX

Yeah, they were all talking about how impressed they were with the whole team. Even Pollard was positive about us.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I believe that game started the streak of home wins against tech. This may be the 10th possible straight win, but they haven't won in Stillwater since that game from what I heard on the radio yesterday.

Almost. First home win in that stretch was 2003.

2001 was their last win in Stillwater, QB'd by Kliff Kingsbury.