Official Game Thread: TCU vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Somebody with a little more time and energy figure out how many teams have gone more than 10 years in a row, and who they are. By the way, this is 14 in a row for OSU.

Jan 8, 2009
Plano
Solid win against a sound team. Gundy doesnt make me nervous Sanders does.

6 and 3 with wins over KSU, ISU and TCU. We played UT well enough to win other than not scoring touch downs in the red zone. The other two losses were all on turnovers. Not sure where the turn Sanders loose comes from, he has potential but plays like the freshman with out of control turnovers that cost us what should have been a sure win at TT and could have been one against a good Baylor team.

Sanders looked awesome early in the year when they turned him loose but lost confidence with his turn over games that cost us two chances at wins. Need to rebuilt his confidence before we turn him loose.

We get a 35 to 40 ranked recruiting class yet finish above that rank, I call that good coaching and player development. We were spoiled by Gundy's streak of double digit win seasons. We are not as deep in talent so this win after losing our top receiver was big in my book. Well done Cowboy coaches and players

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Just a nice solid win. Thank goodness for Chubba, if officially his show now!!

On a lighter note did anyone catch the TCU announcer that introduced their band, I swear he was drunk as a sailor.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Student section... EMBARRASSING!!! 4th quarter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't just get on the students. The lower left of the picture was empty. That's where coaches, players and other university people sit. It empties after halftime most games. That used to be student seating that stayed full most of the game.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Student section... EMBARRASSING!!! 4th quarter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did it look any better earlier? Because the section I was in didn't empty out a bunch until about 5 minutes left on clock.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2004
Just a nice solid win. Thank goodness for Chubba, if officially his show now!!

On a lighter note did anyone catch the TCU announcer that introduced their band, I swear he was drunk as a sailor.
Yes. Although I thought he sounded like he was trying to do his best Jon Lovitz Pathological Liar impersonation.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Bored so I dropped by the TCU board. A thread bitching about how terrible the officiating was? Wasn't absolutely perfect, but no game is. I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. Of course one of the gripes was "multiple holds." The excuse of the losing fanbase.
One officiating gripe: that illegal shift on the Sanders touchdown run. Absolutely ugly call.

Oct 30, 2007
This is really interesting. Apparently Coach Gundy started to try to call defensive plays during the last two minutes of the game. I don't think he calls plays very often, but this has to make you wonder how much he micro-manages what our coordinators want to do.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-r...he-was-calling-defensive-plays-for-the-pokes/
“I started trying to call defenses, and one, I don’t call defenses, and two, we didn’t have them. They tried to (run what I called), but we didn’t have it. So, I apologized to Joe Bob (Clements) and (Tim) Duffie. Jim (Knowles) never listens to me. He just keeps going, which is pretty smart. I got out of control because I wanted them to win so, so bad for all the reasons that we talked about over the last five minutes.”

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
This is really interesting. Apparently Coach Gundy started to try to call defensive plays during the final few minutes of the game. I don't think he calls plays very often, but this has to make you wonder how much he micro-manages what our coordinators want to do.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-r...he-was-calling-defensive-plays-for-the-pokes/
“I started trying to call defenses, and one, I don’t call defenses, and two, we didn’t have them. They tried to (run what I called), but we didn’t have it. So, I apologized to Joe Bob (Clements) and (Tim) Duffie. Jim (Knowles) never listens to me. He just keeps going, which is pretty smart. I got out of control because I wanted them to win so, so bad for all the reasons that we talked about over the last five minutes.”
That is just strange. That would be like Holliday trying to call pitches late in a game. Walton, “That guy doesn’t throw a knuckleball.....”

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Along with Chuba's once again spectacular numbers, another big number today was FIVE sacks. I would guess it's been a while since we've had that many against a D1 opponent. Also, all of the sudden the defense is starting to force turnovers and a large rate--7 in the last 5 quarters. Reason for optimism about our defense...?

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This is really interesting. Apparently Coach Gundy started to try to call defensive plays during the last two minutes of the game. I don't think he calls plays very often, but this has to make you wonder how much he micro-manages what our coordinators want to do.

“I started trying to call defenses, and one, I don’t call defenses, and two, we didn’t have them. They tried to (run what I called), but we didn’t have it. So, I apologized to Joe Bob (Clements) and (Tim) Duffie. Jim (Knowles) never listens to me. He just keeps going, which is pretty smart. I got out of control because I wanted them twin so, so bad for all the reasons that we talked about over the last five minutes.”

Gundy even admitted that Knowles said "what the hell are you talking about?" or something similar.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Did it look any better earlier? Because the section I was in didn't empty out a bunch until about 5 minutes left on clock.

this is well after halftime - - I've had season tickets since 1982. there were a lot of no shows, including the students but that photo must have been after a "free food " moment. That said, I would guess 45K max in a 56K stadium. & thanks TCU for bringing their band, not much TCU fandon travelers though

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Somebody with a little more time and energy figure out how many teams have gone more than 10 years in a row, and who they are. By the way, this is 14 in a row for OSU.
Coming into this year...these are the top 10 longest active streaks.

Virginia Tech 26 years
Georgia 22 years
Oklahoma 20 years
LSU 19 years
Wisconsin 17 years
Alabama 15 years
Clemson 14 years
Oklahoma State 13 years
Stanford 10 years
Texas A&M 10 years

Nov 14, 2010
That is just strange. That would be like Holliday trying to call pitches late in a game. Walton, “That guy doesn’t throw a knuckleball.....”
Then
A little while later in the same interview he said that he told them they need to make adjustments because they havent stopped them lately.

Then he said that he called plays at the end of the game.

Then he cussed and said the word shit.

Nothing he said tied together.

He saiid he did it because he wanted to win so bad.

Its like he was trying to make a statement as to how much he cares

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Considering the weather it wasn't a good showing for the fans...homecoming had about 3 times or more people in town....still a decent amount in the stands for the first half and early it looked full. Maybe folks will show up for Miles return with KU? Remains to be seen.