Official Game Thread: TCU vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Student section... EMBARRASSING!!! 4th quarter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't just get on the students. The lower left of the picture was empty. That's where coaches, players and other university people sit. It empties after halftime most games. That used to be student seating that stayed full most of the game.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Student section... EMBARRASSING!!! 4th quarter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did it look any better earlier? Because the section I was in didn't empty out a bunch until about 5 minutes left on clock.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2004
Just a nice solid win. Thank goodness for Chubba, if officially his show now!!

On a lighter note did anyone catch the TCU announcer that introduced their band, I swear he was drunk as a sailor.
Yes. Although I thought he sounded like he was trying to do his best Jon Lovitz Pathological Liar impersonation.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Bored so I dropped by the TCU board. A thread bitching about how terrible the officiating was? Wasn't absolutely perfect, but no game is. I didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. Of course one of the gripes was "multiple holds." The excuse of the losing fanbase.
One officiating gripe: that illegal shift on the Sanders touchdown run. Absolutely ugly call.

Oct 30, 2007
This is really interesting. Apparently Coach Gundy started to try to call defensive plays during the last two minutes of the game. I don't think he calls plays very often, but this has to make you wonder how much he micro-manages what our coordinators want to do.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-r...he-was-calling-defensive-plays-for-the-pokes/
“I started trying to call defenses, and one, I don’t call defenses, and two, we didn’t have them. They tried to (run what I called), but we didn’t have it. So, I apologized to Joe Bob (Clements) and (Tim) Duffie. Jim (Knowles) never listens to me. He just keeps going, which is pretty smart. I got out of control because I wanted them to win so, so bad for all the reasons that we talked about over the last five minutes.”

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
This is really interesting. Apparently Coach Gundy started to try to call defensive plays during the final few minutes of the game. I don't think he calls plays very often, but this has to make you wonder how much he micro-manages what our coordinators want to do.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-r...he-was-calling-defensive-plays-for-the-pokes/
“I started trying to call defenses, and one, I don’t call defenses, and two, we didn’t have them. They tried to (run what I called), but we didn’t have it. So, I apologized to Joe Bob (Clements) and (Tim) Duffie. Jim (Knowles) never listens to me. He just keeps going, which is pretty smart. I got out of control because I wanted them to win so, so bad for all the reasons that we talked about over the last five minutes.”
That is just strange. That would be like Holliday trying to call pitches late in a game. Walton, “That guy doesn’t throw a knuckleball.....”

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Along with Chuba's once again spectacular numbers, another big number today was FIVE sacks. I would guess it's been a while since we've had that many against a D1 opponent. Also, all of the sudden the defense is starting to force turnovers and a large rate--7 in the last 5 quarters. Reason for optimism about our defense...?

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This is really interesting. Apparently Coach Gundy started to try to call defensive plays during the last two minutes of the game. I don't think he calls plays very often, but this has to make you wonder how much he micro-manages what our coordinators want to do.

“I started trying to call defenses, and one, I don’t call defenses, and two, we didn’t have them. They tried to (run what I called), but we didn’t have it. So, I apologized to Joe Bob (Clements) and (Tim) Duffie. Jim (Knowles) never listens to me. He just keeps going, which is pretty smart. I got out of control because I wanted them twin so, so bad for all the reasons that we talked about over the last five minutes.”

Gundy even admitted that Knowles said "what the hell are you talking about?" or something similar.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Did it look any better earlier? Because the section I was in didn't empty out a bunch until about 5 minutes left on clock.

this is well after halftime - - I've had season tickets since 1982. there were a lot of no shows, including the students but that photo must have been after a "free food " moment. That said, I would guess 45K max in a 56K stadium. & thanks TCU for bringing their band, not much TCU fandon travelers though

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Somebody with a little more time and energy figure out how many teams have gone more than 10 years in a row, and who they are. By the way, this is 14 in a row for OSU.
Coming into this year...these are the top 10 longest active streaks.

Virginia Tech 26 years
Georgia 22 years
Oklahoma 20 years
LSU 19 years
Wisconsin 17 years
Alabama 15 years
Clemson 14 years
Oklahoma State 13 years
Stanford 10 years
Texas A&M 10 years

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Considering the weather it wasn't a good showing for the fans...homecoming had about 3 times or more people in town....still a decent amount in the stands for the first half and early it looked full. Maybe folks will show up for Miles return with KU? Remains to be seen.

Nov 14, 2010
Official attendance was 52821. Considering TCU didn’t travel well that isn’t a bad number.
Sometimes they list basketball attendance at around 6000 ot 7000 when there isn't anywhere near that.

The biggest problem with our fans yesterday is that they showed up really late.

When the band came out with 20 minutes to go until game time, it was scary how sparce it was.

It got decently full by midway through the 1st quarter, but then it started emptying out as the 2nd half went on.

And.....
It was a close game.

And the energy wasn't very good

Sep 24, 2011
For OSU fans the choice between drinking alcohol and cheering for the Pokes is not close. Why go into the stadium when you can sit at your tailgate, watch the game on tv, and drink?

Nov 14, 2010
For OSU fans the choice between drinking alcohol and cheering for the Pokes is not close. Why go into the stadium when you can sit at your tailgate, watch the game on tv, and drink?
I've never understood why someone would buy a ticket, possibly season tickets, then not want to take in all of the game.

I'll admit though.....
I don't tailgate and I am there strictly to watch the game.

I like to get in the stadium an hour before kickoff just to take it all in.

The way I see it, I can drink before and after the game, and can spend less than $20 and drink 1 beer per half at the game

But.....
I enjoy the game so much that I prefer to not be altered too much when watching it

Plus ...
There is 46 other Saturdays where there aren't OSU home games to drink and party.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Along with Chuba's once again spectacular numbers, another big number today was FIVE sacks. I would guess it's been a while since we've had that many against a D1 opponent. Also, all of the sudden the defense is starting to force turnovers and a large rate--7 in the last 5 quarters. Reason for optimism about our defense...?
Definite reason for optimism. Also, what's funny about your first line. I sat in the student section and the 2 most common chants were "SACK SACK SACK", and "CHU CHU CHU CHUBA".

Last edited: