Official Game Thread: TCU vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
We came through in a big way in Ames. Good. And now we have a tougher test to face: adversity.

We'll sorely miss the threat that Tylan Wallace posed to opposing secondaries, but more importantly, he's a good guy who deserves a speedy and full recovery. So now we have to do what we often do best at wide receiver: bring the next man up.

And wouldn't you know it, in strolls TCU, who just beat Texas. I'll bet that's got them feeling pretty good about their chances in Stillwater. Perfect.

Sleep on our chances with Wallace out all you want, Frogs. Our friend from the North might make you pay for it. Plus, we owe you from last year, too. Now's when we find out what our team is really made of, when one of our own is wounded. Let's saddle up and rally around our riding partner Tylan, and let's deliver a sixth win for him on behalf of his teammates.

Go Pokes! Beat the Horned Frogs!

Texas Christian University Horned Frogs vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday November 2, 2019, 2:30 PM CT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, Oklahoma

2019 Records
TCU 4-3 (2-2), OSU 5-3 (2-3)
OSU leads the series, 15-12-2
TV:ESPN
Suddenlink: 31
DirecTV: 206

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 106, XM 199, Internet 953

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

TCU Roster

TCU Game Notes

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
First game of this season that I’m attending in person. I’m bringing an Illinois State Univ grad with me and hoping to convert her... so praying it’s a loud, awesome atmosphere today. :pistols::koolaid:

Oct 30, 2007
Orange on driving to Stilly.

Huge game today. I know the players will be ready. I hope the coaches are as well.

Go Pokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
Dameron Fooks surprisingly lit up A&M in Dez’s absence so hopefully we see the same from one of our other receivers. Gundy needs to turn over the reins and let our OC develop a dynamic game plan. I suspect instead he will insist upon the ground and pound making a win quite difficult. Hope I am wrong. In the car and headed to Stillwater.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
It’s time for Spencer to grow up today and spread the ball around. I like Braden to step into Tylan’s shoes the rest of the season with CJ stepping into his. Stoner is an underutilized resource. Used properly, Stoner is a guaranteed 1st down on 3rd and long. We just haven’t been taking advantage of his skills.

Big Play Braden, 6’6” McCray, Fly paper hands Stoner, young CJ Moore and a 6’8” tight end who is a physical mismatch for opponents are all the resources a smart QB needs to be successful and take the focus off of Chuba so he can run freely.

It’s all up to Sanders to confidently use those tools in a controlled but aggressive way. If we let TCU dictate play it will be a long agonizing day. If Gundy and our Ivy League OC call a good game meaning not being predictable, then we should win this handily. If we just do the Pat Jones “3 yards and a cloud of dust” offense allowing them to load the box then we’ll get rolled.

Here’s hoping our team will come together for Tylan (and themselves) and let it all hang out! If they do, we win!

Oct 30, 2007
It’s time for Spencer to grow up today and spread the ball around. I like Braden to step into Tylan’s shoes the rest of the season with CJ stepping into his. Stoner is an underutilized resource. Used properly, Stoner is a guaranteed 1st down on 3rd and long. We just haven’t been taking advantage of his skills.

Big Play Braden, 6’6” McCray, Fly paper hands Stoner, young CJ Moore and a 6’8” tight end who is a physical mismatch for opponents are all the resources a smart QB needs to be successful and take the focus off of Chuba so he can run freely.

It’s all up to Sanders to confidently use those tools in a controlled but aggressive way. If we let TCU dictate play it will be a long agonizing day. If Gundy and our Ivy League OC call a good game meaning not being predictable, then we should win this handily. If we just do the Pat Jones “3 yards and a cloud of dust” offense allowing them to load the box then we’ll get rolled.

Here’s hoping our team will come together for Tylan (and themselves) and let it all hang out! If they do, we win!
It is not up to Sanders. It is up to Gundy and the coaching staff.

Jan 14, 2006
Dameron Fooks surprisingly lit up A&M in Dez’s absence so hopefully we see the same from one of our other receivers. Gundy needs to turn over the reins and let our OC develop a dynamic game plan. I suspect instead he will insist upon the ground and pound making a win quite difficult. Hope I am wrong. In the car and headed to Stillwater.
That's a name I haven't heard in a long Fooking time. Nice reference.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Time to diversify...throw the slant and go to the TE more, also open up the run game inside with the outside screen...we can win this game but we need to continue to concentrate on not turning the ball over and playing good defense like last week.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That’s the real question. Is Sanders unable to check down through a progression or are the coaches restricting him. The latter makes no sense to me.
It makes sense to me that you would limit the QB when he's been turning it over so much. I hope that he has gained confidence and touch so that we stops doing that...if not, we may actually see a change this week. Hope he's got things strightened out after a decent game in Iowa.

Oct 30, 2007
It is not up to Sanders. It is up to Gundy and the coaching staff.

That’s the real question. Is Sanders unable to check down through a progression or are the coaches restricting him. The latter makes no sense to me.
Sanders has missed some progressions but often we do not give him a check down option. We do all long routes or roll him where there is only one wr. When we drag dbs down field wth wrs just leak the TE out 5 yards underneath. AND DO THIS ON SECOND DOWN NOT THIRD AND 12!

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just like last week where they picked majority against us, I say we win.
GOPOKES
ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It makes sense to me that you would limit the QB when he's been turning it over so much. I hope that he has gained confidence and touch so that we stops doing that...if not, we may actually see a change this week. Hope he's got things strightened out after a decent game in Iowa.
I agree it makes sense to keep it simple, but some have suggested the coaches are limiting him to one side of the field or even just one target at times.