Official Game Thread: Pittsburgh vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stonewallpoke

Poke of Georgia
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
The Central Michigan game is over. Last weekend is over. Week two is over.

The season is not over.

We were all sucker-punched by the result last week. However you slice it, that game is in the "L" column, and for better or for worse, week three is here, whether we like it or not. And we owe it to this team, as fans of the team and fans/alumni/parents of future alumni/casual hangers-on to get back on our feet, put on our orange (or white), and get behind our team. They will need us there cheering them on and being loud when the defense is on the field now more than ever.

Because Pitt and their old-school, smash-mouth, three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-black-pellets offense is cruising into town. Judging by what I saw of their games, they left Pennsylvania on Monday and will probably get in tomorrow night, but that's how they like it: slow and methodical. We've got to show them what kind of offense we usually have. We know we're better than last week. And it's time to prove it.

Go Pokes! Beat the Panthers!

University of Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys

Kickoff: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 2:30 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK

2016 Records
OSU 1-1 (0-0), Pitt 2-0(0-0)
First meeting in the series
TV: ESPN
Suddenlink: 35/235
Cox: 1300
DirecTV: 206
DiSH: 140
ATT: 1602

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
National Radio: None
Satellite Radio: Sirius 136/ XM 199

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

Pitt Roster

Pitt Game Notes

Nov 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm sick of hearing about the CMU debacle. We can right the ship.

Pitt loves to run the ball. Load the box on defense and try to avoid their long grueling drives.

I like Mason and Co. to rebound and get a good win on Saturday.

Jan 30, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
The players and coaches have done all they can, they are prepared. I have been disapponted in our fans the first two games. I have to include myself. We all thought win easily. We the the fans need to be hoarse after the game. We need to follow the direction of the Athetic Department and stripe the statement.

AND the FRIGGING STUDENTS (especially the Greek Community) Need to stay the entire game. Waiting two hours to be drunk is something you can do.

I graduating in 1974 and support this team every week

GO POKES

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The players and coaches have done all they can, they are prepared. I have been disapponted in our fans the first two games. I have to include myself. We all thought win easily. We the the fans need to be hoarse after the game. We need to follow the direction of the Athetic Department and stripe the statement.

AND the FRIGGING STUDENTS (especially the Greek Community) Need to stay the entire game. Waiting two hours to be drunk is something you can do.

I graduating in 1974 and support this team every week

GO POKES
It's the entire fanbase...not just the "greek" students...1/2 of the students left after half of both games and many of the non-students also left...our fanbase has been awful these past two games. I agree. We need to show up now and get the season back on track correctly.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Weather - perfect, no excuse.
Ticket prices - got 3 on stubhub last night for $43, no excuse
Kid's soccer - okay we are missing a game today, but they'll be okay and most don't have that excuse.
Stripe the stadium - Who out there doesn't own a white and an Orange shirt.

No excuses, I hope a few thousand last second deciders join me.

Status
Not open for further replies.