Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Thanks Mike but your tractor is stuck deep in the mud and things will never change with you gunning the motor and sinking deeper. You've hit your stride and things won't go forward unfortunately. If the University wants to continue to pay you mega bucks to go to the Texas Bowl with the bare minimum wins to get to a bowl and you act like that's fantastic then so be it. You play like you're 'crootin your ass off to improve things and we come up short once again. The old days of surrounding yourself with smart assistants looks to be over. We need a big injection of something in the football program to match other sports at OSU or it's game over for the big money at Boone-Pickens. At least play for the league championship consistently because 7th place ain't gonna cut for the fans money. A $5,000 buffet or a $8 beer is becoming harder to swallow!
This post is so full of BS that it stinks through my monitor.
Facts:
1. Bare minimum for wins is 6 for a bowl...we have 8
2. We are tied for 3rd in conference not 7th place.
3. The last smart assistant is now the OC at number 1 Ohio State. Most of his assistants...even the ones some of our posters consider "yes men" are now head coaches or coordinators at blue bloods.
4. We currently have one more win than last year...with a bowl victory it could be another 9 win year...it doesn't take too much research to understand that these used to be rare BG (Before Gundy).
5. If you don't like supporting an 8 or 9 win Oklahoma State football team...don't, it's your money.

Last edited:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
This post is so full of BS that it stinks through my monitor.
Facts:
1. Bare minimum for wins is 6 for a bowl...we have 8
2. We are tied for 3rd in conference not 7th place.
3. The last smart assistant is now the OC at number 1 Ohio State. Most of his assistants...even the ones some of our posters consider "yes men" are now head coaches or coordinators at blue bloods.
4. We currently have one more win than last year...with a bowl victory it could be another 9 win year...it doesn't take too much research to understand that these used to be rare BG (Before Gundy).
5. If you don't like supporting an 8 or 9 win Oklahoma State football team...don't, it's your money.
Kevin Wilson is the Ohio State OC.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
One more thing...
I really don't like to blame things on the refs...BUT..we had a chance to create momentum twice and they stole it...I expected this in this game because the conference has money to make off of a CFP birth and they put their chips on the table just as I knew they would. Did we lose because of those two horrible calls? No, but they did keep it from being close in the fourth quarter and killed our chances. I have a hard time recalling a worse no call than the face masking wave off of the flag...and the perfect form tackle was a thing of beauty...if that is targeting then why do we watch the game anymore?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm sorry but chuba is not coming back. Wallace might but chuba is not. RBs dont have a long shelf life in the league so they need to get to the there as quick as possible. He has nothing left to prove here and I hope Gundy does the right thing and tells him to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
He's already told him he should stay because he needs to develop some of his skills like blocking, etc...While I wish him well if he does go, I would LOVE to see him stay as well as Wallace.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Holliday comes from the mentality that you don't just accept losing to the sooners. Gundy comes from the mentality that it's just a fact of life.
Well, realistically, it has been a fact of life for football over our history...NOT for baseball. Do we like the fact that we, or anyone else in the conference really, can't seem to beat ou in football? no, but that doesn't make it any less of a reality for the entire conference. It’s like KU in basketball. Just look at coach Sutton vs KU compared to some others.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm sorry but chuba is not coming back. Wallace might but chuba is not. RBs dont have a long shelf life in the league so they need to get to the there as quick as possible. He has nothing left to prove here and I hope Gundy does the right thing and tells him to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Gundy has always said that while he might offer an opinion here and there, he lets the kids and their parents get their grade from the NFL and make their own decisions. He doesn't force them to stay if not wanting to.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
One more thing...
I really don't like to blame things on the refs...BUT..we had a chance to create momentum twice and they stole it...I expected this in this game because the conference has money to make off of a CFP birth and they put their chips on the table just as I knew they would. Did we lose because of those two horrible calls? No, but they did keep it from being close in the fourth quarter and killed our chances. I have a hard time recalling a worse no call than the face masking wave off of the flag...and the perfect form tackle was a thing of beauty...if that is targeting then why do we watch the game anymore?
And the missed targeting call on Brown earlier in the game. Watching on TV they showed it right before cutting to commercial, textbook launching with helmet to helmet from the side. Oh, and their #44 was a thug all night with extra pushing, shoving etc... and the guy that tackled and then proceeded to choke our #12 after he caught the ball near their end zone.

Sep 26, 2009
One more thing...
Yep, those were close but kind of felt came out ahead on the officiating. OU 9/95 vs OSU 3/25.
O-Line never called for holding despite multiple pass pro, vs multiple calls for OU (one negated a TD).
Actually shocked the call on the field of the sideline interception got reversed. From the TV replays, it looked like green between the shoe and the line. Usually the call on the field stands, but got a break there!

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Agree, you don't kick FGs against that team
Someone correct me if my math’s wrong but I believe our all time football winning percentage vs OU was 21% when Gundy took over. Gundy’s winning percentage vs OU is 13%......
Well, close. Gundy = .143% winning %. All time is .168%. However, Gundy's time has also coincided with uo resurgence to football preeminence. They have beaten us 4 times when ranked lower in the G era, we beat them once when ranked lower.

Really need to have perspective; the last 5 games in this series, coming into the game the have been ranked #3. #5, #, #6, #7. Our best rank was # 11 - 3 times, against their #3, #5, and #6.

I would love to own this series and I expect more victories but not many schools win against these guys and this game is, now, always circled on their calendar. Just saying

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
yep, something about the turn of the century and the weather being terrible and the football ending up in a nearby creek. something like that.

I'm a little less pissed off after sleeping on this loss. Gundy's record vs OU is abysmal, but this team ended up right where I thought they would before the season. it was a bit much to expect to win Bedlam without Sanders and Wallace, but a shot at 9 wins with such a young team isn't terrible. a jump from 9th in the big 12 last year to tied for 3rd this year. Not a "great" season, but I'd say a good one