Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'm sorry but chuba is not coming back. Wallace might but chuba is not. RBs dont have a long shelf life in the league so they need to get to the there as quick as possible. He has nothing left to prove here and I hope Gundy does the right thing and tells him to go.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Gundy has always said that while he might offer an opinion here and there, he lets the kids and their parents get their grade from the NFL and make their own decisions. He doesn't force them to stay if not wanting to.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
One more thing...
I really don't like to blame things on the refs...BUT..we had a chance to create momentum twice and they stole it...I expected this in this game because the conference has money to make off of a CFP birth and they put their chips on the table just as I knew they would. Did we lose because of those two horrible calls? No, but they did keep it from being close in the fourth quarter and killed our chances. I have a hard time recalling a worse no call than the face masking wave off of the flag...and the perfect form tackle was a thing of beauty...if that is targeting then why do we watch the game anymore?
And the missed targeting call on Brown earlier in the game. Watching on TV they showed it right before cutting to commercial, textbook launching with helmet to helmet from the side. Oh, and their #44 was a thug all night with extra pushing, shoving etc... and the guy that tackled and then proceeded to choke our #12 after he caught the ball near their end zone.

Sep 26, 2009
One more thing...
I really don't like to blame things on the refs...BUT..we had a chance to create momentum twice and they stole it...I expected this in this game because the conference has money to make off of a CFP birth and they put their chips on the table just as I knew they would. Did we lose because of those two horrible calls? No, but they did keep it from being close in the fourth quarter and killed our chances. I have a hard time recalling a worse no call than the face masking wave off of the flag...and the perfect form tackle was a thing of beauty...if that is targeting then why do we watch the game anymore?
Yep, those were close but kind of felt came out ahead on the officiating. OU 9/95 vs OSU 3/25.
O-Line never called for holding despite multiple pass pro, vs multiple calls for OU (one negated a TD).
Actually shocked the call on the field of the sideline interception got reversed. From the TV replays, it looked like green between the shoe and the line. Usually the call on the field stands, but got a break there!

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Agree, you don't kick FGs against that team
Someone correct me if my math’s wrong but I believe our all time football winning percentage vs OU was 21% when Gundy took over. Gundy’s winning percentage vs OU is 13%......
Well, close. Gundy = .143% winning %. All time is .168%. However, Gundy's time has also coincided with uo resurgence to football preeminence. They have beaten us 4 times when ranked lower in the G era, we beat them once when ranked lower.

Really need to have perspective; the last 5 games in this series, coming into the game the have been ranked #3. #5, #, #6, #7. Our best rank was # 11 - 3 times, against their #3, #5, and #6.

I would love to own this series and I expect more victories but not many schools win against these guys and this game is, now, always circled on their calendar. Just saying

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
yep, something about the turn of the century and the weather being terrible and the football ending up in a nearby creek. something like that.

I'm a little less pissed off after sleeping on this loss. Gundy's record vs OU is abysmal, but this team ended up right where I thought they would before the season. it was a bit much to expect to win Bedlam without Sanders and Wallace, but a shot at 9 wins with such a young team isn't terrible. a jump from 9th in the big 12 last year to tied for 3rd this year. Not a "great" season, but I'd say a good one

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Agree, you don't kick FGs against that team

Well, close. Gundy = .143% winning %. All time is .168%. However, Gundy's time has also coincided with uo resurgence to football preeminence. They have beaten us 4 times when ranked lower in the G era, we beat them once when ranked lower.

Really need to have perspective; the last 5 games in this series, coming into the game the have been ranked #3. #5, #5, #6, #7. Our best rank was # 11 - 3 times, against their #3, #5, and #6.

I would love to own this series and I expect more victories but not many schools win against these guys and this game is, now, always circled on their calendar. Just saying
My mistake; Gundy is 13.3%; did not include his first year. All time is correct, have to take the ties out.
Still stand with their (uo) overwhelming rankings & history

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yep, those were close but kind of felt came out ahead on the officiating. OU 9/95 vs OSU 3/25.
O-Line never called for holding despite multiple pass pro, vs multiple calls for OU (one negated a TD).
Actually shocked the call on the field of the sideline interception got reversed. From the TV replays, it looked like green between the shoe and the line. Usually the call on the field stands, but got a break there!
I was shocked the out of bounds interception was reversed as well, but his heel was clearly out of bounds so that's why they did...the targeting call late in the game however sealed it for ou IMHO. There was no way we were going to come back after that sapped the life out of our defense and basically ended it. They don't make that call and the crowd is back in the defense is mega stoked and you sack Hurts a few times and get the ball back with possibilities...not so the way it went.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Someone correct me if my math’s wrong but I believe our all time football winning percentage vs OU was 21% when Gundy took over. Gundy’s winning percentage vs OU is 13%......
It's 16% to 14% but very few if anyone gives Gundy any credit for the wins he was involved with as OC and QB coach on staff...Btw, 2% is nothing and IF Gundy was given credit for the two Miles wins when he was on staff. Bottom line, we suck vs OU and always have. If someone really wants to do a study on this they should look at score difference rather than wins to show progress. I'm fairly certain margin of victory has shrunk quit substantially for OU in this series since HCMG took over. I know it's sad we have to look at that, but it is what it is in this extremely one sided "rivalry."

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
It's 16% to 14% but very few if anyone gives Gundy any credit for the wins he was involved with as OC and QB coach on staff...Btw, 2% is nothing and IF Gundy was given credit for the two Miles wins when he was on staff. Bottom line, we suck vs OU and always have. If someone really wants to do a study on this they should look at score difference rather than wins to show progress. I'm fairly certain margin of victory has shrunk quit substantially for OU in this series since HCMG took over. I know it's sad we have to look at that, but it is what it is in this extremely one sided "rivalry."
If you’re going to count two wins under Miles what about the loses as a player?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
I was shocked the out of bounds interception was reversed as well, but his heel was clearly out of bounds so that's why they did...the targeting call late in the game however sealed it for ou IMHO. There was no way we were going to come back after that sapped the life out of our defense and basically ended it. They don't make that call and the crowd is back in the defense is mega stoked and you sack Hurts a few times and get the ball back with possibilities...not so the way it went.
This crap happens every year in this game.

Oct 30, 2007
If someone really wants to do a study on this they should look at score difference rather than wins to show progress. I'm fairly certain margin of victory has shrunk quit substantially for OU in this series since HCMG took over. I know it's sad we have to look at that, but it is what it is in this extremely one sided "rivalry."
That's an interesting thought. I compared Coach Gundy's 15 year career to the 15 years prior to him being named head coach.

Bedlam statistics from 2005 to 2019:
Record: 2-13
Winning percentage: 13.3%
Average point differential: 11.73 points in favor of Oklahoma

Bedlam statistics from 1990 to 2004:
Record: 5-9-1
Winning percentage: 35.7%
Average point differential: 7.6 points in favor of Oklahoma

The point differential margin in the bedlam game has widened under Coach Gundy in comparison to recent history. That probably has more to do with Oklahoma though. Stoops & Riley elevated their program back to an elite level.