Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Pardon the short story - but had to share with someone.

We live in right outside Washington DC (Springfield VA) and were out buying our Christmas tree this morning. Everyone but daughter had Orange on. Upon entering the tree farm, gentleman working with the trees looks over at says "Go Sooners." We all just give him the "Sir, can I just have my fries look" and moved on. Fast forward to leaving.

Youngest son (8) asks to run back and get a couple free candy canes. Upon return to the car he has a huge handful of candy and says "the guy said here take a bunch and tell your dad i said go sooners." I asked son what he said "whatever Go Pokes!" was his response.

As we were leaving other son joins in chiding of tree guy - son (10) says "he probably went to Texas Tech." 8 year old son says "no he doesn't even have a college degree."

Is it bad that I am happy my kids see going to Texas Tech and associating OU and never having been to OU as insults? Because I lol'd quite a lot.

Go Pokes!
That is pretty funny, but the guy was nice enough to give your family a bunch of candy canes.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
In all fairness, if I'm an unbiased picker on Gameday, I'm picking the 2 TD favorite uo also...as for me and my house, I pick OSU! Go Pokes!! 31-28

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That is pretty funny, but the guy was nice enough to give your family a bunch of candy canes.
I would have thrown them on the ground and stomped on those canes...who knows what they were laced with. ;-) How freaking rude of that guy to say that...typical, but rude.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2008
I would have thrown them on the ground and stomped on those canes...who knows what they were laced with. ;-) How freaking rude of that guy to say that...typical, but rude.
They seem to be the same wherever one lives - no affiliation with the school and can find - approximately - on a map where Norman is.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
In all fairness, if I'm an unbiased picker on Gameday, I'm picking the 2 TD favorite uo also...as for me and my house, I pick OSU! Go Pokes!! 31-28
I see OU as the clear favorite, but not with the spread.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

We live in right outside Washington DC (Springfield VA) and were out buying our Christmas tree this morning. Everyone but daughter had Orange on. Upon entering the tree farm, gentleman working with the trees looks over at says "Go Sooners." We all just give him the "Sir, can I just have my fries look" and moved on. Fast forward to leaving.

Youngest son (8) asks to run back and get a couple free candy canes. Upon return to the car he has a huge handful of candy and says "the guy said here take a bunch and tell your dad i said go sooners." I asked son what he said "whatever Go Pokes!" was his response.

As we were leaving other son joins in chiding of tree guy - son (10) says "he probably went to Texas Tech." 8 year old son says "no he doesn't even have a college degree."

Is it bad that I am happy my kids see going to Texas Tech and associating OU and never having been to OU as insults? Because I lol'd quite a lot.

Go Pokes!
Just give him a tip and tell him you and your family love despite bad life choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
I'm interested to see our adjustments when OU sells out to stop Hubbard, then blitzes Brown if they can get us behind the chains.

Will we incorporate some TE game, quick slants etc... on 1st down to stay ahead of the chains or will we continue to force the run and be in 2nd and 8 or 9 all day.

If we don't stay ahead of the chains, OU will heat up Brown, and while Stoner and crew are good receivers, they're not the kind of receivers you can just throw it up to when getting pressure.

We have to be creative and win 1st down on offense to have any kind of chance

If Gundy gets in his "we have to run the ball" mode it could get ugly.

Jan 1, 2008
I'm interested to see our adjustments when OU sells out to stop Hubbard, then blitzes Brown if they can get us behind the chains.

Will we incorporate some TE game, quick slants etc... on 1st down to stay ahead of the chains or will we continue to force the run and be in 2nd and 8 or 9 all day.

If we don't stay ahead of the chains, OU will heat up Brown, and while Stoner and crew are good receivers, they're not the kind of receivers you can just throw it up to when getting pressure.

We have to be creative and win 1st down on offense to have any kind of chance

If Gundy gets in his "we have to run the ball" mode it could get ugly.
I'm hoping he lets it all hang out like he has the last couple Bedlams. Maybe the defense is the key this year and won't give up 600+
Hope springs eternal!!!!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Go Pokes!
Quality parenting, you should be up for some kind of parent of the year award. Strong work

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID

Go Pokes!
Im calling B.S. on this entire story. Sooner fans dont have jobs.

Jan 14, 2006
Offensive gameplan will be interesting. Hopefully we're aggressive in the passing game but you still have to feed Chuba.

Defensively I'd expect us to continue to be very aggressive. They'll probably bust a few big plays but we can offset them with some sacks and turnovers.

Pokes 27-24