Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
I'm thinking Chuba gets another 200+ yard game. Of all the games he will be ready the most for this one. Also think we see a little more of Browns arm than we have thus far.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm thinking Chuba gets another 200+ yard game. Of all the games he will be ready the most for this one. Also think we see a little more of Browns arm than we have thus far.
I agree with this and that's what we need to win...I actually think ball control is the key in this game and that we play like KSU does against them and it provides us with a W because we have better players than KSU...Go Pokes! No turnovers, run chuba run, put the hurt on no u.

Oct 30, 2007
My best bet is that OU will load the box to contain the run, and force Brown to beat them through the air. Our offensive line play will be really important. A conservative gameplan won't get it done today. I hope Coach Gundy shows up ready to play aggressively and leave it all on the field this year. GO POKES!!!

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Heisman moment/game opportunity for Chuba today if our line can give him some room. Hope Gundy and Gleeson can game plan a little better for DB this time now that they've seen him in a game, hope DB can be a little bit more decisive today than last week. D needs to play fast, get some pressure on Hurts and create some takeaways.

Sounds easy, dont it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Pretty simple: if we play not to lose, then we lose running out of the tunnel. If we play to win, we have a glimmer of a chance. It would be awesome to win, but I have seen very little from our team or coaches that gives me much hope of pulling this one out.

Our main hope might be our defense :eek:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I agree with this and that's what we need to win...I actually think ball control is the key in this game and that we play like KSU does against them and it provides us with a W because we have better players than KSU...Go Pokes! No turnovers, run chuba run, put the hurt on no u.
That seems to be the obvious answer to everything is all Chuba all the time, but I have the same concerns I had before the WV game. Drew is going to have to make them pay for keying on Chuba like they will.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
That seems to be the obvious answer to everything is all Chuba all the time, but I have the same concerns I had before the WV game. Drew is going to have to make them pay for keying on Chuba like they will.
He needs to run the ball a couple of times a series with misdirection.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You have to admit, he's been much better at that during the last two Bedlam's.
I love Gundy and sure hope that continues...if it does I really do think we can win this one...No pressure on our guys...they need to go out and have fun and get Chuba a trophy and themselves a heck of a bowl. IMHO, it would also put us in the top 15 going into the bowl...

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
This is more on Gundy. Because he's the one calling runs up the middle into stacked boxes. We need to be more aggressive / creative on offense, or I'm afraid we'll get blown out. And we can't take our foot off the gas if we were to somehow grab a lead.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
This is more on Gundy. Because he's the one calling runs up the middle into stacked boxes. We need to be more aggressive / creative on offense, or I'm afraid we'll get blown out. And we can't take our foot off the gas if we were to somehow grab a lead.
What makes you think we won’t play aggressively? In 2017 OSU scored 52 points with 661 yards. In 2018 we scored 47 points with 640 yards. That sounds like we have been playing aggressive lately in Bedlam. I agree that the defense this year could be the difference between a victory and a loss.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'd say they did a pretty good job of finding other ways to get the ball in his hands last week with the screen passes. Regardless of the coach it's clear who you have to stop on this team.

Jan 1, 2008
Pardon the short story - but had to share with someone.

We live in right outside Washington DC (Springfield VA) and were out buying our Christmas tree this morning. Everyone but daughter had Orange on. Upon entering the tree farm, gentleman working with the trees looks over at says "Go Sooners." We all just give him the "Sir, can I just have my fries look" and moved on. Fast forward to leaving.

Youngest son (8) asks to run back and get a couple free candy canes. Upon return to the car he has a huge handful of candy and says "the guy said here take a bunch and tell your dad i said go sooners." I asked son what he said "whatever Go Pokes!" was his response.

As we were leaving other son joins in chiding of tree guy - son (10) says "he probably went to Texas Tech." 8 year old son says "no he doesn't even have a college degree."

Is it bad that I am happy my kids see going to Texas Tech and associating OU and never having been to OU as insults? Because I lol'd quite a lot.

Go Pokes!