Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Tulsa

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
They call this the Bank of Oklahoma Turnpike Classic. Good thing we renewed our Pike Pass.

Tulsa is going to bring more defense than we've seen to date. They're going to bring more on the ground, and hope to use that to set up more through the air. They're going to be the biggest challenge we've faced yet. Good. It's about time.

It's always good to count a true road game only an hour and some change down the Cimmaron Turnpike. And we've got a big one coming up next week. But make no mistake, Golden Hurricane: the only school with a combination of "U" and "T" we care about this week is in Green Country. Let's go for #41.

Go Pokes! Beat the Golden Hurricane!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane
Kickoff: Saturday September 14, 2019 2:30 PM CT
at H.A. Chapman Stadium, Tulsa, OK

2019 Records
OSU 2-0 (0-0), TU 1-1 (0-0)
OSU leads the series, 40-27-5
TV: ESPN2
Suddenlink: 35
Cox: 1301
DirecTV: 209
DiSH: 143

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius: 105, XM 200, Internet 954

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

Tulsa Roster

Tulsa Game Notes

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
For some reason it took me seeing this thread created for it to actually sink in that it's Friday and tomorrow is gameday... lol. It's been a week for me...

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Was getting in my truck a couple of hours ago to run an errand and Traber's hot take came on the radio. He said we won't cover the spread against Tulsa tomorrow. Will win, but it will be very close.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Was getting in my truck a couple of hours ago to run an errand and Traber's hot take came on the radio. He said we won't cover the spread against Tulsa tomorrow. Will win, but it will be very close.
Only listen to him if you’re baking a turkey with shaving cream or breaking in a glove with cheese cloth,,or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2, 2011
I don't think there is anything to be gained playing Tulsa especially home and home. Two or three for one maybe. Don't think anyone else is down for a multi year home and home with them. You beat them you gain little, lose to them and the loss is magnified.
If we are afraid to play Tulsa we have serious issues. I get tired of this attitude.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You beat them you gain little, lose to them and the loss is magnified.
That's true of any mid tier program. At least this one is like a home game when it's away for many of our fans. I'm constantly surprised how scared of Tulsa some of our fans are.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I expect a 51-24 type game....I think the offense will be more on point this week than last and that the defense will play a bit better than some expect...even while giving up a trash time TD late...Granted this is asking a lot, but I expect more out of our team than even what they have shown to date. Hopefully this one will give us great confidence going into next week...this is a game we SHOULD somewhat dominate as I think we are better than MSU who beat them 28-7.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Someone should take his driving privileges or something like that, what an asshat

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I expect a 51-24 type game....I think the offense will be more on point this week than last and that the defense will play a bit better than some expect...even while giving up a trash time TD late...Granted this is asking a lot, but I expect more out of our team than even what they have shown to date. Hopefully this one will give us great confidence going into next week...this is a game we SHOULD somewhat dominate as I think we are better “offensively” than MSU who beat them 28-7.
FIFY

Oct 30, 2007
I expect a 51-24 type game....I think the offense will be more on point this week than last and that the defense will play a bit better than some expect...even while giving up a trash time TD late...Granted this is asking a lot, but I expect more out of our team than even what they have shown to date. Hopefully this one will give us great confidence going into next week...this is a game we SHOULD somewhat dominate as I think we are better than MSU who beat them 28-7.
I will take the 24 right now that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk