Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Exactly, we're never going to be a dominant defense, but we had 3 turnovers and a shanked punt in the first half, and Tech scored 1 TD. That should be good enough to win against a team that also doesn't have a dominant defense.

And speaking of punting, we had to go all the way across the globe and find a 29 year old dude to spend a scholarship on why??[/QUOTE]

The older kickers from Australia are a trend across college football right now. I forget how many I've seen this season alone.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Kenny G, Josh f, Jim L, Carmichael, all are recruiting high level 4 star level recruits. Additionally we don't seem to have a hard time bringing in 4 star WR, RB, QB's to poor little Stillwater.
Yeah, don't assume I don't think Stillwater is wonderful...but I'm not a five star QB...btw, the four star guy we have recruited and is committed looks to be the future.

Nov 6, 2010
Adjust the offense to what Sanders can do and has always done

Which is....
Single read three prong concepts
Such as....
Ride an outside zone, read the overhang player amd if he drives on the run, throw a pop to our 6'8" Cowboy Back

Or.....run scat where you swing a back and read a linebacker. If the linebacker covers the back out you throw to the hitch. If the linebacker stays home, throw th me swing pass

Or.... Stick draw reading the linebacker
Linebacker takes stick, qb draws

There are all sorts of single read 3 prong comcepts we should be rumning with Sanders.

They are all concepts he grew up rumning and they are the same comcepts that almost every other team with a dual threat qb is rumning.

Instead....
Sanders is being forced to whatever this offense is that Gundy likes so much
Do you think a deeper drop and wider splits in the OL would help Sanders?? He's clearly not comfortable in the pocket, and there is just so much traffic on him so quickly, it doesn't seem he's able to operate. He obviously needs to correct his ball security issues with two hands on the ball, but I have to think if he got deeper and could see the rush coming it might help him escape the pocket or step up into it a bit easier without someone right in his face.

Nov 14, 2010
Do you think a deeper drop and wider splits in the OL would help Sanders?? He's clearly not comfortable in the pocket, and there is just so much traffic on him so quickly, it doesn't seem he's able to operate. He obviously needs to correct his ball security issues with two hands on the ball, but I have to think if he got deeper and could see the rush coming it might help him escape the pocket or step up into it a bit easier without someone right in his face.
If he only had to read a 1/2 player, then had a give or pop off that read it would solve his pocket issues because teams couldnt pressure him.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Well, it would appear he hasn't reached his 4 star potential. At least not yet.
4* Bobby Reid was replaced by a 3* Zac Robinson who was actually a QB/WR recruit.

That was when we actually celebrate a running QB and threw to only ONE outstanding WR, before Dana Holgerson came over to teach us how to distribute the football to all the other receivers.

Now after we have seen tall QBs stand tall in the pocket and distributed the ball all over the field, a.k.a. Weeden, Rudolph or even Corndog, very unlikely we will be comfortable with a happy feet QB, missing 3rd option WR that was wide open while the happpy feet QB stared and threw to the double coverage Tylan Wallace.

Last edited: