Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Hey, Cowboy defense. Welcome to the party. Good to see you again.

A Kansas State team that has classically given us problems, even in Stillwater, limped away with 13 points to their name last week. And now, we head back to the Lone Star State to defend another streak this year.

Texas Tech probably came into this season thinking that they would be the one with QB figured out and we'd be the one with question marks. Football's a funny game that way. Make no mistake, Tech wants to get out from underneath this hex we've put on them in Lubbock lately. Problem is, we might just be bringing a defense to Lubbock this time around. And if Tech thought Clint Chelf had get-away-from-the-cops-speed, wait until they get a load of Spencer Sanders.

Time to steal another thing from Texas Tech: a win.

Go Pokes! Beat the Red Raiders!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. Texas Tech University Red Raiders
Kickoff: Saturday October 5, 2019 11 AM CT
at Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, TX

2019 Records
OSU 4-1 (1-1), TTU 2-2 (0-1)
TTU leads the series, 22-21-3
TV: FS1
Suddenlink: 37
DirecTV: 219
DiSH: N/A

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
XM 380, Internet 969

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

TTU Roster

TTU Game Notes

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Stat to watch:

Oklahoma State run offense national rank: 6
Texas Tech run defense national rank: 100
Yeah, that matchup sticks out like a sore thumb.

It'll be interesting to see if they load the box & dare Sanders to beat them through the air.

I think if we play a clean game penalty/turnover-wise, we cover the -8.5 going away.

Weather forecast saying sunny & 82 @ kickoff, with winds out of the SW @12 mph. Sounds like weather won't be much of a factor at all.

Jan 14, 2006
Yeah, that matchup sticks out like a sore thumb.

It'll be interesting to see if they load the box & dare Sanders to beat them through the air.

I think if we play a clean game penalty/turnover-wise, we cover the -8.5 going away.

Weather forecast saying sunny & 82 @ kickoff, with winds out of the SW @12 mph. Sounds like weather won't be much of a factor at all.
I expect they will put a safety over Tylan and load the box against the run. This week would be a great time for Jordan McCray to go for 8/120 with a score or two.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I expect they will put a safety over Tylan and load the box against the run. This week would be a great time for Jordan McCray to go for 8/120 with a score or two.
Would love to see that for him & also for Stoner to get some touches. Still waiting for Sanders to see the middle & left side of the field a little better, so hopefully this week starts that.

Jan 14, 2006
Would love to see that for him & also for Stoner to get some touches. Still waiting for Sanders to see the middle & left side of the field a little better, so hopefully this week starts that.
It took Corn half the season to find Tyron last year. It will be fun when Spencer gets to that point.

Jan 20, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Stat to watch:

Oklahoma State run offense national rank: 6
Texas Tech run defense national rank: 100
Just being a realist here, not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but there was a similar matchup disparity against Tejas. Hopefully we don't again decide to willfully run all game against an 8 man box.

Edit: I totally left out whole sentences that were in my head. Apologies.

Last edited:

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Just being a realist here, not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but there was a similar matchup disparity against Tejas. Hopefully we don't again decide to willfully run all game against an 8 man box.
Huh? Are you saying Tech has the same strength defensive front seven as Texas?

Jan 20, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Huh? Are you saying Tech has the same strength defensive front seven as Texas?
Sorry, it's Friday night and I shouldn't be posting as my typing words do not match the words in my head. What I meant was..(but left a ton of the words out)..Our passing game vs Tejas Pass D was an obvious advantage, yet we chose to run against a stacked box and their core talent. Even after they lost their TWO starting CBs.

Just reading what I wrote before makes me sad inside. That said. I am very confident in our boys tomorrow. And no, by no means am I comparing Texas front seven to tt.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Except tech will have 15 players minimum with cramps or other heat related time stoppages.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just dropped one of my kids off at the library for a computer programming class and now grabbing some breakfast for me and the wife before joining up with listening to Dave and the guys on the radio at 10.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk