Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas Christian

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Last game of the year, Pokes. Can't hold anything back now.

Six wins gets you bowling, and we got that. It's been a weird, sometimes wonderful, sometimes upsetting year. TCU knows that feeling. But we've got seven wins on the table if we can pull out a road win against a team with a struggling offense, and get an opponent we can be more excited about in a location that is a little more scenic. The win last week was great. Let's not let our guard down now.

Go Pokes! Beat the Horned Frogs!

Oklahoma State University Cowboys vs. Texas Christian University Horned Frogs
Kickoff: Saturday, November 24, 2018, 7:00 PM CDT
at Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX

2018 Records
OSU 6-5(3-5), TCU 5-6 (3-5)
OSU leads the series, 15-11-2
TV: FOX
Suddenlink: 12
Cox: 12
DirecTV: 25
DiSH: 25

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
XM 388, Internet 979

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

TCU Roster

TCU Game Notes

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is a HUGE game for both programs in terms of bowl placement and recruiting. If we want to put some distance between us and TCU we really need to win this game and prevent them from making a bowl. But, IMHO we have nearly everything intangible stacked against us in this game...it's senior night for TCU, it's for bowl eligibility, we just came off a big home win on senior night. We need to get down to business and overcome these intangibles. Also the conference wants as many bowl eligible teams as it can get. Keep that in mind when watching this game.

IMHO this is the kind of game we really NEED to win...even though it seems mundane to our fans, it's not, in any way a small game. This game is supremely important if we want to improve our recruiting against teams that we DIRECTLY compete with for recruits. We should have revenge on our minds from last year, but who knows.

Go Pokes! Beat the frogs!!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Hoping this one is comfortable and we get a little taste of Spencer Sanders. Go Pokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure wish you were right but I doubt it. They have maybe the best defense we have faced this year, only ou and wvu have scored big on them. If we can do that on offense then it might be comfortable, but they have replaced their QB with a senior on senior night who came in and won their game for them vs Baylor. They just beat their rival and this game is for bowl eligibility for them on senior night. It's not going to be a comfortable win I'm afraid. I hope you are right, but it's not likely. However, I think we are a four point favorite.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This anything BUT mundane or small. This is a game for bragging rights right in the backyard of many of our players. This game will set a tone for our future. This game can give us a better bowl. THIS GAME is totally winnable. Their QB that won against Baylor is very flawed and is no Mason Rudolph coming in to help lead their team to a final win that makes them bowl eligible. I think we have this win. It might be close or it might be a blowout, but it's going to be a WIN.
WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!?
ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Did anyone see if they picked our game at any time during Gameday? I know it wasn't in the last selection time. I would be interested in what they said.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Did anyone see if they picked our game at any time during Gameday? I know it wasn't in the last selection time. I would be interested in what they said.
I watched most of it as well and they picked several lessor games than ours, was surprised they didn't pick ours...or at least if they did I missed it.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Pre-emptive post on behalf of Cowboyairman4....
Corndog sucks.
Corndog is a trashbag qb.
Corndog couldnt make a DII team.
All of Corndogs completed passes are because our wide receivers are amazing and bail him out.

All that negativity directed at the 4th ranked qb in passing yards in the country.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
A lawnmower with mulching blade is your friend here. I blow my leaves outta the flowerbeds & into the yard, then mulch & bag 'em. Saved me a ton of time the last couple of years.
Hell, I don’t own a catcher anymore ..... mulch the leaves and leave them in the yard. It feeds the lawn.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
A lawnmower with mulching blade is your friend here. I blow my leaves outta the flowerbeds & into the yard, then mulch & bag 'em. Saved me a ton of time the last couple of years.
You bet. I rake them out into a pile and mulch them into nothing with the mower. Bagging would be like 100 bags for my yard. We have a silver maple, 2 sweet gum trees and a 60 foot sycamore in my yard. I end up raking and mulching all the way into January with that damn sycamore. That tree is a pain in the a$$.