Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'm sure it's been mentioned, I don't care to go back through all of the posts.

Not going for it on 4th down & waving the white flag of surrender was terrible. Would we have converted & won the game? Most likely not, but good lord give it a shot. Sorry, but that was pathetic.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I'm sure it's been mentioned, I don't care to go back through all of the posts.

Not going for it on 4th down & waving the white flag of surrender was terrible. Would we have converted & won the game? Most likely not, but good lord give it a shot. Sorry, but that was pathetic.
Who did not know when they downed it on the 1 yard line that a 99 yard TD drive was about to commence? Gundy gift wrapped that for them. Handed them another moment to add to their bedlam lore.

Aug 16, 2012
How so? Pick anyone but ou in conference and compare and tell me who has done better...honestly I don't know...enlighten me on who's done better in terms of getting QB's drafted in the NFL..I'll remind you that in 10 of his 16 years we had NFL drafted QB's running the offense. Each lasting well over a year in the league.
So, you want to state the prowess, but qualify the list to only those you want to include?

Here is the list from an SI article in April. Yes, has OU, but also has Baylor and Tech which I would agree with. Mahomes himself outweighs the collective career NFL achievements of OSU QBs let alone throwing in Webb to boot, even though he transferred.

1. Oklahoma, 28 points
2. Florida State, 20
3(tie). Auburn, 17
3(tie). Louisville, 17
5(tie). Texas A&M, 14
5(tie). USC, 14
7(tie). Baylor, 12
7(tie). N.C. State, 12
7(tie). Texas Tech, 12
10(tie). Missouri, 11
10(tie). Oklahoma State, 11
10(tie). Stanford, 11

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So, you want to state the prowess, but qualify the list to only those you want to include?

Here is the list from an SI article in April. Yes, has OU, but also has Baylor and Tech which I would agree with. Mahomes himself outweighs the collective career NFL achievements of OSU QBs let alone throwing in Webb to boot, even though he transferred.

1. Oklahoma, 28 points
2. Florida State, 20
3(tie). Auburn, 17
3(tie). Louisville, 17
5(tie). Texas A&M, 14
5(tie). USC, 14
7(tie). Baylor, 12
7(tie). N.C. State, 12
7(tie). Texas Tech, 12
10(tie). Missouri, 11
10(tie). Oklahoma State, 11
10(tie). Stanford, 11
So, basically, we are in the top 10...that's really really good...not an indication that Gundy sucks at getting good QB's. Are nine teams better...sure. How high is our bar?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
But he’s lost to Gundy both years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gundy's fantastic against everyone not ou...I understand and am also frustrated by that as are the current anti Gundy fans...but we don't know how to fix that and keep Gundy's amazing performance against everyone else. This is the problem.

Aug 16, 2012
2013 was robbed from us...we lost by one as we went for 2 with Corndog...we lost in OT in Norman one other time. It's been really close most of the time...sans past few years where we have digressed in the series. Certainly we need to fix that...but we can't throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Hence the point. For whatever reason, cannot take the next step. Close does not count. He has had 16 shots at it and has a "been reassigned to AA ball" batting average with the attempts. Had he come through, this is not a discussion.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Gundy has an identity crisis on offense and it's causing our defense some issues as well.

Offensive play calling has got to get better, is Dunn the right guy? I'm not convinced he is.

Gundy has to settle the QB situation or alternate QTRs or Halves going forward to identify his QB.

Sanders is a turnover looking for a place to happen. He's a JR (I know RS SO but he's been in the system his third year now, it's time to have it figured out).
Illingworth needs to get a little air off his passes and hit his receivers, that will come with experience.

1606074347013.png

And I'm giving Sanders the win at Tulsa, even though that rightfully belongs to Illingworth. Sanders/Bullock was down 7-3 when Illingworth got into the game.

So you could make the case that Sanders is 2-2 and Illingworth is 3-0.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
But he’s lost to Gundy both years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the rate this program is going.....only a matter of time til Chris Klieman starts beating us....notice we're no longer beating texas....We've lost 2 in a year.....We've lost to Texas Tech two years in a row....Matt Wells is 2-0 against Gundy. Matt Campbell struggles against Gundy...but has his team likely into the championship game. We're be in the alamo bowl or camping world...everyone will be happy and Gundy gets a raise. That dogshit bowl streak is meaningless considering 70 teams get to go to postseason games every year.

Jan 3, 2014
Gundy has an identity crisis on offense and it's causing our defense some issues as well.

Offensive play calling has got to get better, is Dunn the right guy? I'm not convinced he is.

Gundy has to settle the QB situation or alternate QTRs or Halves going forward to identify his QB.

Sanders is a turnover looking for a place to happen. He's a JR (I know RS SO but he's been in the system his third year now, it's time to have it figured out).
Illingworth needs to get a little air off his passes and hit his receivers, that will come with experience.

View attachment 87284

And I'm giving Sanders the win at Tulsa, even though that rightfully belongs to Illingworth. Sanders/Bullock was down 7-3 when Illingworth got into the game.

So you could make the case that Sanders is 2-2 and Illingworth is 3-0.
I'm done with SS...I would go with SI rest of season...I agree that you give the W to SI (tulsa)...SS is a TO machine, he's just an average QB...and a little birdie told me ALOT of players don't care for his prima donna attitude...I'll add one more to your chart - passer rating: SI 141.0, SS 137.5...is it weird that I miss Corn Dog?!

Jun 25, 2011
Gundy's fantastic against everyone not ou...I understand and am also frustrated by that as are the current anti Gundy fans...but we don't know how to fix that and keep Gundy's amazing performance against everyone else. This is the problem.
The problem is Gundy doesn't know how to fix it and if he does it doesn't appear that he is even trying.

Apr 7, 2006
I'm done with SS...I would go with SI rest of season...I agree that you give the W to SI (tulsa)...SS is a TO machine, he's just an average QB...and a little birdie told me ALOT of players don't care for his prima donna attitude...I'll add one more to your chart - passer rating: SI 141.0, SS 137.5...is it weird that I miss Corn Dog?!
Is that due to how he handled himself at recreational beach volleyball? </sarcasm>

Status
Not open for further replies.