Official Game Thread: McNeese vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Three man front just simply cannot get enough pressure on the QB. Never has been able to. Better teams will pick it to pieces. Knowles needs to figure out it got the last two guys fired.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Jeter with a carry.

So we've seen Jeter, Cooper, Brown and Hubbard. Several deep on the wide receivers. And 2 qb's. Offense is loaded. Line needs to do better, but not first string in now.
Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
How do you know collarbone?

Hit the ground flat on his left shoulder, and was going off holding the front of it in the collar bone area. Was trying to stretch the ball with his right hand and the front of the left shoulder hit the ground first. Looked awkward when it happened.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Defense with 2 good goal line stands.

Too bad the offense couldn't do anything with either.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
How do you know collarbone?

Hit the ground flat on his left shoulder, and was going off holding the front of it in the collar bone area. Was trying to stretch the ball with his right hand and the front of the left shoulder hit the ground first.
Ouch.

Sep 29, 2006
Three man front just simply cannot get enough pressure on the QB. Never has been able to. Better teams will pick it to pieces. Knowles needs to figure out it got the last two guys fired.
Three man fronts actually get more pressure on the QB because you theoretically have more speed on the field. Our problem is we put more guys in coverage instead of pressuring the QB. What Gundy simply can't figure out is that the key to stopping spread offenses is pressuring the QB. When the SEC (or Clemson) runs a three man front they frequently blitz, more importantly their blitz packages are very sophisticated and hard to pick up. When we blitz it is telegraphed and easy to pick up.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Couldn’t care less about them. This 3 man front is not getting pressure on an FCS QB and we consistently have not with a 3 man front for quite a few years.
I'm pretty sure this defense recorded sacks against OU last season with their OL. Boise State couldn't do anything offensively. Texas too.

You're seeing what you want to see. We aren't putting pressure on today because they aren't sending pressure.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Three man fronts actually get more pressure on the QB because you theoretically have more speed on the field. Our problem is we put more guys in coverage instead of pressuring the QB. What Gundy simply can't figure out is that the key to stopping spread offenses is pressuring the QB. When the SEC (or Clemson) runs a three man front they frequently blitz, more importantly their blitz packages are very sophisticated and hard to pick up. When we blitz it is telegraphed and easy to pick up.
Chelf was talking about how vanilla our D was last week. How we pretty much showed nothing because we didn’t have to.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
I'm pretty sure this defense recorded sacks against OU last season with their OL. Boise State couldn't do anything offensively. Texas too.

You're seeing what you want to see. We aren't putting pressure on today because they aren't sending pressure.
Been watching it get shredded for a lot longer than today. Fortunately we have had offenses that were good enough to outscore or stay close (OU last year) over that time, not to mention ridiculous amounts of yards letting inferior teams stay close. And that goes back to Bill Young. I’d say I’m not the one whose seeing what they want to.

I would agree with CSpoke and his analysis of the problem, but at some point you have to realize you don’t have the horses and adapt.