Official Game Thread: Liberty Bowl- Missouri vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 6, 2013
But neither of those teams will be champion, so does it matter? If it does, then so do all the other bowl games, or at least they should, to the teams and fans involved.
Yes it matters. It’s on New Years night.

But some of the bowls with names you can’t recognize played on December 16 are very easily ignored in reality.

There is a difference. The cash payout to the school/conference is also a huge difference.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Frustrating that this team lost games they shouldn't have and could have had a solid 8-10 win season.
We were only above KU in the final conference standings, and we were a 2 point conversion away from being 5-0 against ranked teams in the same season.

:blink::blink:

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think the ESPN game tracker is a graphic representation of what it must be like to watch an OSU game with @cowboyethics344

I don't know about the 61.9% chance of Missouri winning with them about to score with 2:06 to go. In my mind it was about 91.6%

1546371608149.png

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Just to put all the carping aside for a moment, I wanted to offer my take on yesterday. I was totally uninterested prior to kickoff, but then watching the Cowboys come out energized and hunting some heads really jacked me up. What a great effort by players and coaches. I particularly enjoyed the "next man up" attitude. They had every excuse to fold, but didn't. After a long season, it feels really good to be a Cowboy again.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I think the ESPN game tracker is a graphic representation of what it must be like to watch an OSU game with @cowboyethics344

I don't know about the 61.9% chance of Missouri winning with them about to score with 2:06 to go. In my mind it was about 91.6%

View attachment 67168
I was actually very surprised that our defense stepped up and won that game at the end. Knowles should be a good coordinator once he gets some talent or experience in the secondary. If we had a little better or consistent QB play then this team should be in the hunt for a big 12 title.

Nov 14, 2010
Just to put all the carping aside for a moment, I wanted to offer my take on yesterday. I was totally uninterested prior to kickoff, but then watching the Cowboys come out energized and hunting some heads really jacked me up. What a great effort by players and coaches. I particularly enjoyed the "next man up" attitude. They had every excuse to fold, but didn't. After a long season, it feels really good to be a Cowboy again.
This!

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Anyone else think that the pass defense might improve a scoche if the DBs turned around to find the ball?
I can’t tell you how many times I screamed this. So much so that the Mizzou fans in front of us turned around, laughing. I had to apologize. But c’mon! It was so annoying to watch our guys run with the receivers and not make an attempt at tracking the damn ball.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I can’t tell you how many times I screamed this. So much so that the Mizzou fans in front of us turned around, laughing. I had to apologize. But c’mon! It was so annoying to watch our guys run with the receivers and not make an attempt at tracking the damn ball.
Seems to be an ongoing problem.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I thought Hill was sitting out more so to heal from the rib injury not just because of the NFL.
Word was he was cleared to play before TCU. Maybe even the game before that. He didn't even travel with the team to TCU even though he could have. He chose to sit out.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Word was he was cleared to play before TCU. Maybe even the game before that. He didn't even travel with the team to TCU even though he could have. He chose to sit out.
Not a fan of guys sitting out bowl games, but whatever if it's a meaningless bowl. But choosing to sit out regular season games when you are cleared to play is some absolute BS and is quitting on your team. No respect for that.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK

Missouri DBacks had much the same problem. I think there are just that few really good Corners in college FB.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Not looking for the ball is the current coaching ideology pretty much everywhere right now.
Honest question though, is it really that difficult to face the ball, with the receiver, and try to deflect/intercept it? I thought that’s part of what they’re trained to do?

This is what has aggravated me about our secondary for so many seasons now.