Official Game Thread: Liberty Bowl- Missouri vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Just have to ask, how many of you, like me, sat down expecting us to likely lose that game only to be highly entertained by the hard play and want too displayed in the game. Certainly a lessor bowl but it was more entertaining than most of them this year. Highly enjoyed the ups and downs but would have been upset had we not pulled it off. Today, Texas, and WVU were all really great and entertaining games.
Agreed, but they leave sour tastes in my mouth, in retrospect, considering the Texas Tech and KSU losses.

Oct 30, 2007
Btw, where did they dig up this crew...not sure but I think their last game was at Oklahoma School for the Blind.
Think I heard they were B10, but they were absolutely lost. Multiple false starts and offsides they missed including on one of Mizzou TDs. The worst though was the takedown of corn dog about 10 yards out of bounds, then they flag Hambright for PF for coming in to defend his QB.
It did not matter but they blantantlyvtried to win it for Mizzou. Lock was obviously down at the 10 on 4th and one. They marked it just past the nine. They could not mark it at the eight and survive review. Holder should be asking questions as the agenda was obvious, I want to review the pass interference picked up because the ball was uncatchable. Unbelievable part, a typical mizzou fan was yelling that WE CHEATED as I left the game. I had forgotten about mizzou fans, thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
It did not matter but they blantantlyvtried to win it for Mizzou. Lock was obviously down at the 10 on 4th and one. They marked it just past the nine. They could not mark it at the eight and survive review. Holder should be asking questions as the agenda was obvious, I want to review the pass interference picked up because the ball was uncatchable. Unbelievable part, a typical mizzou fan was yelling that WE CHEATED as I left the game. I had forgotten about mizzou fans, thanks for the reminder.

That one pissed me off. It was catchable.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That one pissed me off. It was catch-able.
Oddly, later in the game a VERY uncatchable ball was thrown by Missouri and they called us for pass interference. Not sure of the play but that play came back to my mind. If you are going to use Uncatchable you have to use it all game and not selectively.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Agreed, but they leave sour tastes in my mouth, in retrospect, considering the Texas Tech and KSU losses.
I think TCU was the one that sticks out to me...we had no business losing that game as we seemed to be playing our best ball down the strech vs OU and WVU...we had a real let down there and I blamed coaching on that one...I think we all would have been fairly/semi happy had we won TCU AND this game to finish with 8 wins in the rebuilding season. Certainly we had no business losing to tech or KSU either...Tech had freshmans Qb's wonderboy and so did ISU when we played...KSU had homecoming. Not excuses but all three played their best games of the year vs OSU. I don't think that happens next year. Crossing finger. I'm always hopeful. Hope the new QB's are studs and Gundy just waited a year in order to do what he said...give them time in the system and with Glass.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
When it is uncatchable they call defensive holding.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
sure, the theory there is that the player had to be held and that's why it was uncatchable...but in the case I'm talking about the throw was 5 yards or out of bounds so it was going to be uncatchable no matter what.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I know the play and thought it was bogus as well, I was just clarifying that the officials generally call holding if it's not catchable.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I think TCU was the one that sticks out to me...we had no business losing that game as we seemed to be playing our best ball down the strech vs OU and WVU...we had a real let down there and I blamed coaching on that one...I think we all would have been fairly/semi happy had we won TCU AND this game to finish with 8 wins in the rebuilding season. Certainly we had no business losing to tech or KSU either...Tech had freshmans Qb's wonderboy and so did ISU when we played...KSU had homecoming. Not excuses but all three played their best games of the year vs OSU. I don't think that happens next year. Crossing finger. I'm always hopeful. Hope the new QB's are studs and Gundy just waited a year in order to do what he said...give them time in the system and with Glass.
Yes, agreed. I forgot to include the TCU debacle. I was simply referring to all of the losses to supposedly “inferior” teams.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Oddly, later in the game a VERY uncatchable ball was thrown by Missouri and they called us for pass interference. Not sure of the play but that play came back to my mind. If you are going to use Uncatchable you have to use it all game and not selectively.
The officiating was pure crap in general.

On one of Mizzou’s scoring plays (long run by Roundtree, I think), one of our linemen was *TACKLED* and held.

It goes back to what I said in a previous thread, that holding gets called maybe 50-60% of the time, and that it frequently happens.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I want to pivot to another aspect of the game: the fans.

For those of you who were there, do you agree that our fans weren’t very loud?

Also, our band was quiet. It was kind of weird.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
Any word on why Bundage did not suit up for Liberty Bowl? Papers said he was injured, but no one know when or how...

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

Would love to know exactly how this person thought we cheated to win that game. Sour grapes make people say the darndest things.

Dec 6, 2013
I think that the fans might consider this a lesser bowl (it ain't rented) but the team still takes the game seriously. I also think that the current playoff system is an excuse to make all games except those 3 "lesser" games, and to make the entire season even less important. Which is pretty much completely against the original intent of college athletics.

But that's my opinion, and I haven't been drinking yet...
I don’t think hardly anyone would consider UT vs UGA a “lesser bowl”.

I just hope it’s not a blowout.