Official Game Thread: Liberty Bowl- Missouri vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Really wish we could see a little more of this. He is and has always been very competitive and firey. I understand the need to be a calming force, but at times, in big games, a little bit of Gundy the player would be nice.
The balance should be more like 50/50. Right now he's at 90/10 in favor of calming.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Yeah not of fan of what justice hill did to this team. They took him in and he was great but also we had 0 RB at the time when he came on, I feel like he wasnt grateful to the osu staff and team, especially not generating a lot of interest outside of HS. Hubbard looks better and honestly i was glad hill didnt play.
I think Hubbard will be the best back we’ve seen in recent history. He is a stud.

Mar 31, 2011
We knew Hubbard was fast, but I didn't know his vision was so damned good. He does great at seeing the lane and winning the angle. He's also much stronger than I anticipated. I thought he was going to play last season, but I think redshirting him was a great decision.

As for Hill, he never looked as great this season, but don't let that cloud your memory...he was a great back and I hope he does well in the NFL.

Dec 17, 2011
What I am really shocked at from hubbard today is his catching ability. Our players are multi skilled, like wallace and his deadly blocking ability.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
This is the only thing I'm going to say about the game (which I was at): Tyron Johnson should've gotten the MVP honor for this game. The catches he made were spectacular. This was his biggest game in an OSU uniform so far. I'm excited for what he will bring next year. Sanders is going to have a TON of targets next season.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I cannot WAIT to see what his "spread offense" does in the SEC. THAT may be the funniest thing next year. Will it work? Can OCMY actually put up numbers in the SuckEC? Can the SuckEC actually deal with a spread(ish) offense? Good times ahead.
It worked against the sec today...

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My take on this game is that our defense decided to out SEC Missouri. We were the tougher team and played big boy football...best hits I've seen in a long time..even the two they called targeting (first one wasn't and was flagged..the second one was and wasn't flagged). Btw, where did they dig up this crew...not sure but I think their last game was at Oklahoma School for the Blind.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Just have to ask, how many of you, like me, sat down expecting us to likely lose that game only to be highly entertained by the hard play and want too displayed in the game. Certainly a lessor bowl but it was more entertaining than most of them this year. Highly enjoyed the ups and downs but would have been upset had we not pulled it off. Today, Texas, and WVU were all really great and entertaining games.

Nov 18, 2011
Btw, where did they dig up this crew...not sure but I think their last game was at Oklahoma School for the Blind.
Think I heard they were B10, but they were absolutely lost. Multiple false starts and offsides they missed including on one of Mizzou TDs. The worst though was the takedown of corn dog about 10 yards out of bounds, then they flag Hambright for PF for coming in to defend his QB.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Just have to ask, how many of you, like me, sat down expecting us to likely lose that game only to be highly entertained by the hard play and want too displayed in the game. Certainly a lessor bowl but it was more entertaining than most of them this year. Highly enjoyed the ups and downs but would have been upset had we not pulled it off. Today, Texas, and WVU were all really great and entertaining games.
I think that the fans might consider this a lesser bowl (it ain't rented) but the team still takes the game seriously. I also think that the current playoff system is an excuse to make all games except those 3 "lesser" games, and to make the entire season even less important. Which is pretty much completely against the original intent of college athletics.

But that's my opinion, and I haven't been drinking yet...

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Think I heard they were B10, but they were absolutely lost. Multiple false starts and offsides they missed including on one of Mizzou TDs. The worst though was the takedown of corn dog about 10 yards out of bounds, then they flag Hambright for PF for coming in to defend his QB.
While the false start on Mizzou's TD not getting called sucked, it was kind of a wash from when the ref took out a Mizzou player on our first or second TD.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Lol at you people hating on him. Hill made the correct decision. His NFL career is far far more important than a lost season and a who gives a crap bowl game. Made the smart move.
Not after the day Hubbard had. Hill looks like a second stringer next what Hubbard did today. I understand why Hill did it, but everything has risk.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Agreed, but they leave sour tastes in my mouth, in retrospect, considering the Texas Tech and KSU losses.

Oct 30, 2007
Btw, where did they dig up this crew...not sure but I think their last game was at Oklahoma School for the Blind.
It did not matter but they blantantlyvtried to win it for Mizzou. Lock was obviously down at the 10 on 4th and one. They marked it just past the nine. They could not mark it at the eight and survive review. Holder should be asking questions as the agenda was obvious, I want to review the pass interference picked up because the ball was uncatchable. Unbelievable part, a typical mizzou fan was yelling that WE CHEATED as I left the game. I had forgotten about mizzou fans, thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk