Official Game Thread: Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Outside of the really bad interception (first one was a really nice play by defense), Sanders exceeded my expectations passing the ball first game back. He is improved from a year ago. And he made some nice runs. But for me, I think his running could really improve. If he used that speed to set his foot in the ground and go north and south, he would gain a lot more yards. He's always trying to get to the outside when he's running and gives up what looks like 5-6 yards he could have easily gained. But for passing, he passed it just as well as Illingworth did. I'm encouraged by what I saw from Sanders.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I thought SS was much better yesterday. Did multiple reads. Stayed in the pocket until forced out - i.e. no happy feet.

And his best play was the bad snap where his quick reaction knocked the ball down, picked it up, scrambled and hit the WR on the run for a 1st down to lead the drive to an eventual score. If he has to fall on that ball, or its a TO, then could have lead to an total different momentum at that point and changed the game.

As to his running, agree with the head up field (but that would east or west- Sutton4ever).

Dec 17, 2011
Sanders looks confident. He looks confident in his throwing ability now, he already knows he can run. But the improvement from last year to this year is very noticeable. The offensive players look more excited too because the speed is back to what they are used to.

3putt

Wrangler
Oct 23, 2003
Edmond.
Outside of the really bad interception (first one was a really nice play by defense), Sanders exceeded my expectations passing the ball first game back. He is improved from a year ago. And he made some nice runs. But for me, I think his running could really improve. If he used that speed to set his foot in the ground and go north and south, he would gain a lot more yards. He's always trying to get to the outside when he's running and gives up what looks like 5-6 yards he could have easily gained. But for passing, he passed it just as well as Illingworth did. I'm encouraged by what I saw from Sanders.
I was yelling for him to cut upfield several times when Iowa State was stringing him out to the sidelines. Then I remembered that he is coming back from a several ankle injury and making sharp cuts upfield may not be a good ideal for awhile.