Official. 10-Game Big-12 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
The Big 12 -- a 10-team league -- regularly plays a nine-game, round-robin conference schedule. It is unknown what the it plans to do for its nonconference game, but it is believed that it may try to hold those games prior to the start of the league schedule. The nonconference game must be a home game for all Big 12 schools, The Athletic's Nicole Auerbach reports.

wook

Deputy
Jun 23, 2005
Assume we will play Tulsa. Better opponent. Historic in state series. Long term contractual relationship between the two programs. Short travel makes it more practical to implement testing and safety protocol. TU and 9 conference games is best for OSU under the circumstances.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Assume we will play Tulsa. Better opponent. Historic in state series. Long term contractual relationship between the two programs. Short travel makes it more practical to implement testing and safety protocol. TU and 9 conference games is best for OSU under the circumstances.
About as ideal as it gets for the ooc opponent.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
ESPN was just talking about the decision and pretty much every clip they showed before they started talking was OSU. Then they showed OSU another time while talking.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
I'm willing myself to stay excited about the upcoming season, but I will still be surprised if it makes it through...

Aug 7, 2006
So when will opening day be? Do they move the games up and put Tulsa on August 29 or do we not play until mid-September?
Depends on when they want to start conference games. You could leave it on the 12th and still have two weeks before the other conferences start their schedules. However, if you could get every Big 12 school to play their non-conference game on the 29th it would provide the most flexibility in scheduling throughout the season.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Haven't been keeping up with football. Have they made any decisions about attendance? Personally I would prefer to have a full season with no fans instead of a season cut short due to outbreaks, which football attendance could certainly encourage.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
The closer the start of school gets the more I believe football season is doomed. And it honestly doesnt bother me one bit. With all the BLM hoopla and everything else, Ive stopped watching all sports anyway. Tired of the over politicizing of all entertainment. As far as Im concerned, lifes too short to commit huge chunks of time to watching "games".
I think we're pretty much in the clear now. However, my concern is players coming down with COVID during the season, and having to be quarantined and missing games. Everyone's got to deal with that scenario, but at least the games will be taking place (barring something unforeseen.)

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I don't think the TV interest would be economically feasible for a game against Tulsa. There's no seats to sell. Possibly an Arkansas
No can do, SEC policy says there non con game has to be in their home state and so does ours. Thus Arkansas and all power 5 teams are pretty much out. The Tulsa game may actually be the best non con game for our entire conference.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Ya know, I try and be objective, but it's hard when society has so little backbone. Back when the Spanish Flu was wrecking this country, killing even healthy young people left and right, football went on. There wasnt all this drama.

The president of the United States said the nation needed football, and the players played. There was no testing, etc.

Yet today we are canceling games because people test positive for COVID, which is nothing worse than a cold compared to the Spanish Flu.

The nation still needs football. The players need to suck it up and play for the good ole red, white, and blue. Not the green(dollar bills).
Ahem. ....Deal was pic of my choice. In case you lost it

images (5).jpeg

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
I don't think the TV interest would be economically feasible for a game against Tulsa. There's no seats to sell. Possibly an Arkansas
No can do, SEC policy says there non con game has to be in their home state and so does ours. Thus Arkansas and all power 5 teams are pretty much out. The Tulsa game may actually be the best non con game for our entire conference.
I thought sec had no non conference games.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk