O'Brate Stadium Tour With Josh Holliday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Just and old timer wondering, how can a baseball field that seats 3,800 cost $60m? Was land cost involved or did the University already own it?

It can seat over 7,000, has probably the largest concourse level I've ever seen on the college level, the hitting facility and pitching lab are about as nice as you'll find, there's a practice turf infield, a new scoreboard with video, the suites and club level will be as nice as any in the country, the black glass batter's eye will be the very first of its kind and very unique, and the locker room will be nicer than most AAA locker rooms heck maybe even nicer than some MLB locker rooms. A lot more goes into costs than just seats.

Not to be rude, but did you watch the video? I mean if you watched it, that should be very telling as to why it's so expensive. This is not your run of the mill college ballpark.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I did watch the video and have to agree that it is a magnificent facility. OSU has escalated the college baseball arms war to a new level, but man that is a lot of three dollar tickets:)

Personally, I think it would be a good idea to put about 3 or 4 rows of actual chairback seats completely across the outfield, with the terraces for lawn chairs behind them. Or, at least I hope that happens at some point. And, I'm not sure that the bleacher seats by RF and LF are counted in the "permanent seats" count either.