Obamacare’s Massacre of the Innocents

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 22, 2005
Behind Enemy Lines
A new study reveals that 21,904 Americans have died while withering away on Medicaid waiting lists in states that expanded the program under Obamacare. The victims were poor and disabled applicants herded to the back of the line to make room for able-bodied adults with incomes above the federal poverty level (FPL). Why would any state pursue such a cruel and unjust policy? Obamacare incentivizes expansion states to shift Medicaid’s focus to able-bodied adults by paying over 90 percent of their coverage costs, while paying less than 60 percent of the costs for covering the truly poor and disabled.
The study, conducted by the Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA), also shows that the Medicaid expansion states still have nearly 250,000 poor and disabled individuals languishing on waiting lists. The financial incentive to favor able-bodied adults has doubled Medicaid spending on them in just three years. They now exceed the number of disabled enrollees by 17.4 million, and the expansion states now spend more on Medicaid for able-bodied adults with incomes over FPL than for low-income children and seniors. Meanwhile the latter are left to die. The butcher’s bill is the highest in Maryland:
The state of Maryland has the highest number of waiting list deaths since their Obamacare Medicaid expansion began: a staggering 8,495 individuals on the state’s waiting list for home-and community-based services have died…. What else happened over that same time period? The state enrolled nearly 300,000 able-bodied adults in their Obamacare expansion.
(Excerpt) Read more at spectator.org ...

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Have you ever cited a news source that doesn't solely exist online?

Like a real one that has print readership, either terrestrial/satellite radio or broadcast/satellite television?

I'm concerned about you, dude.
I'm sure he's got a couple Fox News cites sprinkled here and there...

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Like a real one that has print readership, either terrestrial/satellite radio or broadcast/satellite television?

I read that last part as extra terrestrial the first time and was thinking that actually fits some of these articles as a source...

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

Does that make it more accurate, believable? Are you aware that many research journals are no longer available in print unless you download and print them yourself from the internet? It saves the journals a lot of money.

Nov 28, 2008
Oh my YES! this is true.

And in other news, Round-Up is safe to drink. Yes, pour it over the rocks or serve it piping hot like the morning coffee, Round-Up offers a delicious alternative to ordinary potables.

Thank you,

The Monsanto Corp.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Oh my YES! this is true.

And in other news, Round-Up is safe to drink. Yes, pour it over the rocks or serve it piping hot like the morning coffee, Round-Up offers a delicious alternative to ordinary potables.

Thank you,

The Monsanto Corp.
No one said it was true or not. Just like your claim on Round-up above. You don't actually know if it is or not. But that didn't stop you from posting as if it was true.