Oath of Office

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2009
Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Do the republicans in congress honor the words they all spoke. Or do they show allegiance to a corrupt ConMan, Draft evader, tax evader, whore monger, adulterer, truth evader, and common outlaw?
The world is watching.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Do the republicans in congress honor the words they all spoke. Or do they show allegiance to a corrupt ConMan, Draft evader, tax evader, whore monger, adulterer, truth evader, and common outlaw?
The world is watching.
None of those are spelled out in the Constitution, so it's possible to support the whoremonger and live up to your oath.

That said, I be surprised if 10% of Congress-people live up to their oath, yet 100% would tell you they do. They may live up to their interpretation of the Constitution, but both sides convolute it to their purposes.

Yes, the world is watching, but guess what: come Jan. 20th there will be another in an unbroken string of peaceful transfers of power in America. Will Trump do/say something stupid? Probably. Rioting/looting in the streets? Highly unlikely. That would only have happened if the election went the other way.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
. Will Trump do/say something stupid? Probably. Rioting/looting in the streets? Highly unlikely. That would only have happened if the election went the other way.
I wouldn’t be confident in that assessment. And, sadly, I think Trump is going to say all he can to get people to rise up for him while being able to say that he didn’t call for rioting. That is his way.

The primary difference I see between the riots on the left and riots on the right is volume. And, more people means more groupthink and more stupid. The volume could change on Inauguration Day. But, I hope you are right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.statesmanjournal.com/amp/3993102001

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The world is watching.
Not a single politician in DC upholds the constitution and hasn't in quite some time, but as is now the norm, it's only bad when it relates to Trump.

Trump will be gone soon. Meanwhile Pelosi and McConnell/Schumer will still be in power like they have the past several decades.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I wouldn’t be confident in that assessment. And, sadly, I think Trump is going to say all he can to get people to rise up for him while being able to say that he didn’t call for rioting. That is his way.

The primary difference I see between the riots on the left and riots on the right is volume. And, more people means more groupthink and more stupid. The volume could change on Inauguration Day. But, I hope you are right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.statesmanjournal.com/amp/3993102001
Point taken. I applaud the quick police response to the illegal actions of the right wing protesters/rioters. I would imagine there are many small business owners in Oregon who would have appreciated a similar response during other protests.

Edit: if there are similar riots by right wing idiots on Jan. 20 I hope they are quickly reigned in, no matter where they occur. I have no issue with truly peaceful protests by either side.

PS: I'd still much prefer Trump over Biden, but it's a done deal. For those of us who dislike the "irregularities" the time to address voting rules is prior to the election.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Oath of Office

The world is watching.
11:01 pm on Christmas Eve and this what is consuming the thoughts in your head? You really need some help.

Apr 14, 2009
Openly seditious acts by the current president and some GOP congressmen and senators. Now that crap really Rubs me the wrong way.
Sorry if my hostility towards them and my comments bothers you.
You needn’t to be considered with what’s in my head.
If you don’t like my thoughts on the subject so be it.
I Can’t help ya. It’s a message board.
I didn’t attack you so my message must have struck a sore spot in YOUR head.

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Openly seditious acts by the current president and some GOP congressmen and senators. Now that crap really Rubs me the wrong way.
Sorry if my hostility towards them and my comments bothers you.
You needn’t to be considered with what’s in my head.
If you don’t like my thoughts on the subject so be it.
I Can’t help ya. It’s a message board.
I didn’t attack you so my message must have struck a sore spot in YOUR head.
You don’t see open sedition anywhere else but the president and some GOP reps and senators?