Now the question is how many fans get in

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I opted out.

Being in one of the high risk groups (age), I am not going to play Corvid Lottery.

Just hope all the games are on TV somehow.

And bringing up "Age" again, I have noticed at home basketball, baseball and wrestling events, there is a large
number of Seniors. Lots are down in the floor level and lower sections of GIA.

It will be very interesting to see how many of them opt to play Covid Lottery or not.

And please don't turn my post into politics.

This is a Health issue. I hope to last another 10 to 15 years.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I opted out.

Being in one of the high risk groups (age), I am not going to play Corvid Lottery.

Just hope all the games are on TV somehow.

And bringing up "Age" again, I have noticed at home basketball, baseball and wrestling events, there is a large
number of Seniors. Lots are down in the floor level and lower sections of GIA.

It will be very interesting to see how many of them opt to play Covid Lottery or not.

And please don't turn my post into politics.

This is a Health issue. I hope to last another 10 to 15 years.
Me too, hopefully they’ll be televised. I’m old and my wife has an autoimmune disease with pretty much zero immune system. We’ll be back to season-ticket holders as soon as the world stops being insane!

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I'm honestly torn between opting in (really want to!) or sitting this year out (seems like the smart thing to do). To say 2020 has sucked is a huge understatement.
Though it is a very tough decision, it is great that it is your decision to make. You have all the information and you can decide what is best for your situation.

My POV would be to opt-in. Best case scenario, you feel confident about going you go and enjoy yourself and avoid FOMO. If at anytime you do not feel comfortable, you can sell the tickets. Worst case scenario, you buy the tickets, do not feel comfortable going, and can't sell for whatever reason... Your out some money but hell, its 2020 were all out money, we can make more.

But follow your gut, if it says to sit it out, sit it out. Take the money you would have spent and buy a nice new big screen and enjoy the games remotely.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
South Korea recently moved from 10% to 25% capacity at Baseball games.

They also took the outbreak serious, wore masks, didn't hold political rallies, threaten retail works, file lawsuits about masks, protest on government buildings with loaded guns - because it wasn't their first rodeo -

South Korea has 705 active cases in a nation of 51 million.

Oklahoma has 6900 active cases in a state of 4 million.

These are numbers from Worldodometers.

I think playing Fall football is stupid in a pandemic; I think having any attendance during a panedemic for a virus that we do not have a vaccine for is an asinine idea.

It's up there with dating a Kardashian or not wearing a condom with a Tinder match from Texas Tech.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
I think playing Fall football is stupid in a pandemic; I think having any attendance during a panedemic for a virus that we do not have a vaccine for is an asinine idea.
That’s the beauty of freedom, you can choose not to attend. I, for one, can’t wait to attend the games with my family and root on the Pokes. Glad the Big 12 listened to medical experts and are doing this the right way. I know our players and their families are very happy.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
That’s the beauty of freedom, you can choose not to attend. I, for one, can’t wait to attend the games with my family and root on the Pokes. Glad the Big 12 listened to medical experts and are doing this the right way. I know our players and their families are very happy.
Do you believe your response deserves a response?

I can't tell if you or trolling, bad at arguing a point or have severe limited cognitive ability.

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
Returning students that had previously purchased all sports pass were charged through bursar for this school year as well. Will they allow students to be included in attendance? Will we have majority of crowd be students or non students?

hobo35

Greenhorn
Nov 29, 2013

They also took the outbreak serious, wore masks, didn't hold political rallies, threaten retail works, file lawsuits about masks, protest on government buildings with loaded guns - because it wasn't their first rodeo -

It's up there with dating a Kardashian or not wearing a condom with a Tinder match from Texas Tech.
How many tests were done on the ROK? How about in OK in the same time period? Trend data last two weeks? Are they the same tests?

I am just trying to make sense of your data...

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Not on here much, but had to see what the discussion was about next season. I just got the email to season ticket holders to see if we want to opt out for the season or not. But there isn't enough info for me to decide...

What will the stadium capacity be? 100% if that many opt-in? 75%, 50% or 25%? That would influence my decision. I don't know what the capacity number is for just student and season ticket holders.

They say they're going to require masks, but are they going to have people in charge of actually enforcing that? Or do I have to tell the drunk guy behind me to put his mask back on when he's screaming over my shoulder? Or maybe no one outside of your group is going to be that close...

If I opt-in, but can't (or decide not to) attend a game, can I still sell those tickets? I would assume that's a yes, but I want to know for sure.

And the decision has to be made by Monday, but then if this thing gets better or worse in another month, no take-backs, I guess? That makes sense, I know they have to plan...

I just don't know how to answer this when no specifics have been given.
Pretty much sums it up for the whole country the last 8 months.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

1597506778123.png

You can choose freedom but it comes with a price...you can choose to cower in your closet...but that comes with a price as well. The BEAUTIFUL thing about America is that we have the Freedom to choose which state or region we decide to live in based on the rules of that state or region...You live in a state and region that is on a major decline in terms of cost of living and homelessness. I was born in that state and had hopped to move back one day, but the removal of freedoms under the "good intentions" of "safety," having the highest taxes and real estate prices in the nation, and the sad situation on the streets in the major cities have somewhat shattered that dream. I thank God every single day that I live in Oklahoma since the Covid-19 freedom grabbing fury swept the country in blue state America. Having football or not is based on the regions in which they play...just look at the map, it's the most political statement I've seen on this thing...crazy days no doubt, but opinions differ and those opinions matter in a democratic republic.

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
View attachment 85026
You can choose freedom but it comes with a price...you can choose to cower in your closet...but that comes with a price as well. The BEAUTIFUL thing about America is that we have the Freedom to choose which state or region we decide to live in based on the rules of that state or region...You live in a state and region that is on a major decline in terms of cost of living and homelessness. I was born in that state and had hopped to move back one day, but the removal of freedoms, having the highest taxes and real estate prices in the nation, and the sad situation on the streets in the major cities have somewhat shattered that dream. I thank God every single day that I live in Oklahoma since the Covid-19 freedom grabbing fury swept the country in blue state America.
It's high risk behavior for the sake of entertainment in the midst of a pandemic. Your personal freedom has limitations when you're putting others at risk.

I have no problem with you knocking down a bottle of Jack Daniels and taking a tractor around your own personal property. Personal freedom and all.

When you knock down a bottle of Jack Daniels get in your pickup and hit the interstate everything may be fine, but you are putting a lot of people at risk for no reason. That's where you infringe on OTHER PEOPLE'S FREEDOMS

-----------------------------------------
I understand if you want to go to a game. I'm on this board and love college football too.

Do you plan on self quarantining for 7-10 days after attending every 5000+ person gathering?
Do the other 5000+ people plan on self quarantining for 7-10 days??
Freedom is absolutely a right, but OTHER PEOPLE HAVE FREEDOM as well.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It's high risk behavior for the sake of entertainment in the midst of a pandemic. Your personal freedom has limitations when you're putting others at risk.

I have no problem with you knocking down a bottle of Jack Daniels and taking a tractor around your own personal property. Personal freedom and all.

When you knock down a bottle of Jack Daniels get in your pickup and hit the interstate everything may be fine, but you are putting a lot of people at risk for no reason. That's where you infringe on OTHER PEOPLE'S FREEDOMS

I understand if you want to go to a game. I'm on this board and love college football too.

Do you plan on self quarantining for 7-10 days after attending every 5000+ person gathering?
Why would a person need to quarantine if they social distance the entire time and wear a mask? I do this daily at the medical center I work for...We have over 5K people in and around those areas where I work daily but we maintain social distance, all wear mask, wash our hands and use sanitizer. Maybe you have been in LA so long that you have forgotten what is possible in Stillwater Oklahoma isn't in LA? Built in social distance with extremes limits on crowd size while wearing mask is safe and responsible and that is the schools intention. The athletes are actually safer in their mini bubble than they would be without it...IMHO its safe to play and attend because of responsible measures being taken...if it (crowding) becomes a problem they will deal with those issues and I have confidence that they can and will be able to maintain those high standards they have set. You live in a different world so your views arent going to be the same. I however, do agree with you that both the rally and protest were all extremely unsafe and irresponsible. My disagreement is that both could have been done if mask and social distance rules were abided by and enforced. The scene in Oklahoma has changed since that time to one where I see about 90% of the people out in Tulsa wearing mask...this is WAY up from maybe 40% tops a month ago...as a result of our new found desire to follow the rules our rate of infection is going down as most other indictors. This WILL continue at the football games. If for some crazy reason people revert to bad behavior it will have consequences...I'm hopeful that OSU fans and students will be smart and safe enough to enjoy football without being stupid and unsafe.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006

No. I have zero plans on quarantining after a game. I will wear a mask during the game as will my family. No one attending the game is putting you at risk at all.

This is an OSU board sports board. Be happy for the players and their families that are overjoyed that they can play football this fall. Being able to play this season was tremendous news for them.

Jul 19, 2018
Texas
If I thought everyone would wear a mask at the game, I would probably opt-in, but after reading an OSU thread on facebook where people were saying they'll take their mask off when they get inside the stadium and someone else saying they'd just pretend to eat and drink the whole time because then they can't make them wear a mask while eating and drinking, I'm starting to see what we're up against. Leaning against opting out now because of the freedumb people that will be there.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If I thought everyone would wear a mask at the game, I would probably opt-in, but after reading an OSU thread on facebook where people were saying they'll take their mask off when they get inside the stadium and someone else saying they'd just pretend to eat and drink the whole time because then they can't make them wear a mask while eating and drinking, I'm starting to see what we're up against. Leaning against opting out now because of the freedumb people that will be there.
If you do opt in and see someone blatantly disregarding the rules report it and stay socially distant from that person. But from your comments, you are likely either in an at risk group or haven’t done much during the pandemic. You have to take care of you...do what you think is best and don’t let others pressure you one way or another. This is the free smart way not the "freedumb" way. Go pokes!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Exactly. Just read the OP COVID threads and watch the news. A significant portion of the population, especially in Oklahoma, are only concerned about their personal risk, think they’re bullet-proof, will not take the rules seriously and will undoubtedly act irresponsibly. Add to that the expected political atmosphere (MAGA and BLM shirts instead of orange) leaves me somewhat uninterested. I’ll leave it for the fans with a stronger stomach for the nonsense.

I opted out and donated my ticket cost. Besides, I’ll save $20k in annual football travel costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
I will still be surprised if we are able to finish the season, there's just still too much unknown about covid, no vaccine, and when you have to quarantine for two weeks, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the season finishing.