Nova Scotia Shooting

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
What a crazy story, wow.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...fter-killing-16-people/ar-BB12Ub3Q?li=BBnb7Kz
"The fact that this individual had a uniform and a police car at his disposal certainly speaks to it not being a random act," Leather said.
Police told the public on Twitter the gunman may have been wearing a RCMP uniform and driving a silver Chevrolet Tracker that appeared to be a police vehicle, but had a specific number -- 28B11. They clarified that he was not employed by the RCMP.
The gunman was considered "armed and dangerous," so RCMP told people to stay indoors. The suspect was ultimately found at a truck stop in Enfield between 11 a.m. and noon on Sunday, about 12 hours after the initial 911 call came in to police.
Ontario truck driver Tom Nurani told CNN media partner CTV News that he was at the truck stop when he heard a staff member shouting.
"She goes, 'Oh my God, lock the doors, he's here! And I peek out of the window and I saw some RCMP vehicles and there was four or five uniforms with guns," Nurani said.
Witness Glen Hines was driving past and told CTV he heard gunfire.
"All I could hear was gunshots and my wife, I thought I was going to call 911, because she was going into panic, it scared her so bad," Hines said.

Jul 22, 2011
Horrible story in a bizarre time.

Was he pulling people over and shooting them in the fake RCMP cruiser, or just on a rampage?

I saw Trudeau is calling for an AR ban. Is that what he was using? I didn’t see it reported anywhere. I thought Canada already had a pretty hefty gun ban.

Last edited:

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Horrible story in a bizarre time.

Was he pulling people over and shooting them in the fake RCMP cruiser, or just on a rampage?

I saw Trudeau is calling for an AR ban. Is that what he was using? I didn’t see it reported anywhere. I thought Canada already had a pretty hefty gun ban.
Trudeau has been calling for that long before this rampage. Just using it as a political motivation.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I would think, that IF an AR was used in this tragedy, the media would have pimped the smurf out of that little tidbit. It surely would have been in every headline.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Still no confirmation that an "assault rifle" was used in the killings, only that the shooter had one with him. WHICH tells me for almost absolute certainty, that it wasn't used. He killed nine of his victims by burning them to death... no calls for banning fire. :facepalm: Canada is going to go ahead and ban approx. 125,000 different "assault rifles" though. The article even references the Sandy Hook tragedy, which last time I checked, didn't happen in Canada... but by gawd, lets use it to strip liberties from our citizens. :glare:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-set-ban-11-categories-201043069.html

World
Canada set to ban 11 categories of assault rifles, other weapons: source
ReutersApril 30, 2020, 3:10 PM CDT

FILE PHOTO: Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau attends a news conference in Ottawa
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada is set to announce it is banning 11 categories of assault rifles and other weapons, including those that have been used in mass shootings, a security source said on Thursday.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government has long promised to clamp down on firearms, citing a spike in gun crime.
Officials said the new measures - which will apply to about 125,000 weapons - had been in the works for months and were not directly prompted by a shooting rampage in Atlantic Canada earlier this month. [nL2N2CG2I9]
A gunman armed with weapons that included an assault rifle killed 22 people in Nova Scotia. Police said nine of the victims died in fires the man had set, while the rest were shot
The new ban will further tighten gun controls that are already stricter than those in the United States. The source, who requested anonymity given the sensitivity of the situation, said the announcement could come as soon as Friday.
"We have long been committed to strengthening gun control in this country, including banning military style-assault weapons," Trudeau told reporters on Thursday.
"There is no need in Canada for guns designed to kill the largest amount of people in the shortest amount of time," he added, saying an announcement would be made in the coming days.
The news was first reported by the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. A spokeswoman for Public Safety Minister Bill Blair - who has overall responsibility for gun control - declined to comment.
Among the weapons that will be outlawed are the AR-15, used by a gunman to kill 26 adults and children in the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre in the United States, and the M4, M14 and M16 assault rifles.
Other weapons on the list include the Ruger Mini-14 rifle, used in a 1989 Montreal mass shooting in which 14 women were killed, as well as carbines such as the CZ Scorpion, Beretta CX4 Storm and Swiss Arms Classic Green.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Quote from BBC article on this:

Many of the weapons used in violent crime in Canada were not obtained legally, and Conservative leader Andrew Scheer said Mr Trudeau would do better to focus on stopping guns from coming across the border than on banning law-abiding gun owners.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52505765

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Quote from BBC article on this:

Many of the weapons used in violent crime in Canada were not obtained legally, and Conservative leader Andrew Scheer said Mr Trudeau would do better to focus on stopping guns from coming across the border than on banning law-abiding gun owners.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52505765
Or even better... focus on mental health needs of the populace.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Absolutely, You know those 16 people killed are furious they can't own AR15s right now if they weren't shot by a psychopath with one.

We are stripping rights away from victims of gun violence daily, excellent point.
Based on everything I have read, mass murderer in Nova Scotia shooting acquired most of if not all of his weapons illegally. And additionally, there is no mention of an AR15 used in the shootings. (you and I both know if one was actually used, it would be all over the news).

So lets pass a law that doesn't even target or impact the alleged root of the problem. Law abiding people who didnt go on a rampage are being targeted for owning a weapon that wasn't used in the rampage.

Additionally, Canada should re-criminalize gay marriage because of the shooting rampage.