Not sure I like this...(realignment)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 7, 2005
San Diego, CA
"Two officials at separate Big 12 schools said Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would stay in the Big 12 as long as the other schools were willing to stay together. A third official in the Big 12 said the remaining nine schools were "solid."

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I really like the Big XII (not the way it is run but getting to play the rest of the teams in it) but if A&M leaves, then I think we will have to add another team with a good football program to remain a credible conference or get out while we still can.

Jul 22, 2011
I've spent 11 years of my life building a seething hatred for these teams, and now I'm just supposed to start all over again in a new conference full of teams I barely even hate at all.

"Let's stay together..." ~ Al Green

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
Ugh, make a freak'n decision already! If aTm leaves and the Big Drama (12) stays together, oSu better get aTm's piece of the revenue pie.

OSUTXRangers1

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Dallas, TX
This realignment stuff has always given me an uncomfortable feeling. I've always felt like it is taking college sports down a dangerous path.

Aug 21, 2007
Let's face it the Big XII is a dead conference walking. After A&M, Missouri will be next as soon as an opportunity becomes available. There is absolutely no sense of family like the old Big 8 had and like the Big Ten, SEC, and Pac12 still have. Nobody trusts anybody and too many do not seem to have a sense of Conference Pride.. I don't like it, but that's just the way it is IMO.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Everybody needs to face the facts that Texas is going to be the one to decide whether the Big XII stays together or not if the aggies leave....

OSUCHOCTAW

Territorial Marshal
Jul 12, 2007
Stillwater, OK
I really think we'lll see either UT move conference/indy OR UT or I mean Beebe offers more teams into our conference.

I really think They will look to offer BYU, NM, NMST, NEV, and AF. Sounds stupid but believe me, Dan Beebe is the worst ever and is completely retarded. He will let everyone else pick out what they want from our conf and then try to add leftovers.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
We would have to add teams to compete with these other megaconferences.
This is exactly what I am thinking because I don't see how a nine team conference can survive. Not only would teams need to be added they would have to be quality teams I don't think it helps much to get teams like SMU or Rice.

ScooberJake

Territorial Marshal
Jul 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I think we will have to add another team with a good football program to remain a credible conference or get out while we still can.
This seems to be the prevailing wisdom, but I'm not sure I see it. There are three things we would need to do to keep the conference viable.

1) The main thing we would need to do is maintain the automatic BCS bid. I think as long as UT and OU are in the conference we will keep that.

2) The question then becomes whether or not an undefeated team from the Big?? not named OU or UT can go to the MNC game. If so (assuming no more than 2 undefeateds in the nation), then we are set there. We just don't want to end up in a TCU or Boise situation. If there are three undefeated teams (say tOSU, Florida, and us) then we'd be left out even as it is (or was).

3) The only remaining issue is TV revenue. I don't know where this leaves us. But I gotta think that aTm leaving doesn't affect the Big?? TV contract too much.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
The problem is that Beebe is not proactive. He sits back and waits until things happen to make a move. You are always hearing rumors about teams going to the Pac-12, Big 10, SEC, etc, but NEVER hear about anyone wanting to come to the Big 12. He needs to step up quickly before this conference turns into a joke.