North Korea and United States Summit

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2008
Too bad Zero never had the stones to meet Kim face to face and bow to him in person. Rudyard Kipling never met Zero or his poem "If" might have had a whole new context. Like it or not, Trump (as insufferable an ass as he is) has been immeasurably more successful that Obama ever was. This NK thing can fall apart tomorrow and Trump's efforts will still be historic. And Obama's, not so much......at anything. We'll just have to agree to disagree on Obama's value to any thing American other that being the first African American elected President. That, and that alone (and it is of vital importance) is the sum of his Presidency imo.
marbles.gif

Rack

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
WRONG. It was, no doubt, because Obama was a Democrat, instead of a Republican.
No it was mostly because he didn't believe in peace through strength but in giving in to our enemies. Had little to nothing to do with his political affiliation. Granted if Trump doesn't get OUR people to dismantle their nukes I won't feel very good about this either. I don't want to "trust and verify" I them to "DO IT FOR THEM and VERIFY."

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
How is this question from a reporter insulting, ridiculous, and ludicrous to Pompeo? The reporter was asking how De-Nuking of NK would be verified

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1006956678674296832

Mar 9, 2004
Edmond, OK
No, what we've applauded is that it has hopefully come to an end.
The only thing that this agreement might have accomplished was denuclearization, nothing about the human rights abuses going on in NK.

NK building nukes has always been about ensuring this regime stays in power. Build them and test them and the world freaks out. Then, you give them up in exchange for the easing of sanctions. The world is just relieved at the passing of the nuclear threat that human rights takes a backseat. Kim gets to stay in power (and visit the WH!) and keep oppressing his own people for many years to come.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Exactly, I think the only political position the liberals have is "hate Trump". Many of them would rather see the US economy colapse than Trump succeed.

Bill Maher: I Hope There's Another Recession So We Can Get Rid Of Trump

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...recession-so-we-can-get-rid-of-trump-n2489092

I'm curious whose side he's on, because he isn't on the side of the working class in this country!!!!
He's a Kardashian. Anything for attention. He's also wealthy enough that a recession doesn't scare him.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The only thing that this agreement might have accomplished was denuclearization, nothing about the human rights abuses going on in NK.

NK building nukes has always been about ensuring this regime stays in power. Build them and test them and the world freaks out. Then, you give them up in exchange for the easing of sanctions. The world is just relieved at the passing of the nuclear threat that human rights takes a backseat. Kim gets to stay in power (and visit the WH!) and keep oppressing his own people for many years to come.
Perhaps, but it's a start of which something no one else has been able to do. You know, the experts. It's not like Trump forked over billions of dollars and allowed them to continue building nukes.

No one has blinders on regarding NK, they've got to prove their way or the sanctions will be back.

But if Trump sold him on growing his economy and building a McDonalds, etc he'll have to clean up the human rights issues as well.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
He's a Kardashian. Anything for attention. He's also wealthy enough that a recession doesn't scare him.
He's not the only one on the left who feels that way.

This isn't like when those on the right wished Obama policies would fail because we thought those policies were bad for America (proving to be true). But this is wishing Trump policy would fail and hurt America in doing so.

Really, isn't that like Maher is admitting the Trump policy is actually working?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Schumer: Trump has given a ‘brutal and repressive dictatorship’ legitimacy

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...rea-summit-weve-legitimized-a-brutal-dictator

Capture.png

Celebrating at a baseball game.

That's Castro (Cuban Dictator) on your right. You might recognize the guy on your left.

What did Shumer have to say?

"The best way to bring down the oppressive Castro dictatorship is to open up Cuba, economically and otherwise,'' Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer said Wednesday. "The more freedom the Cuban people taste, the more likely that this regime is to fall."

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From Babylon Bee:

Nation’s Liberals Suddenly Opposed To Concept Of Diplomacy
June 12, 2018
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

U.S.—Immediately upon hearing the news that President Trump had met with Kim Jong Un in a promising first peace summit Tuesday, the nation’s liberals came out in “strong opposition” to the concept of international diplomacy.
Democrats across the nation warned of the dangers of diplomacy, coincidentally just moments after news of the historic summit between Trump and Kim Jong Un broke.

“I just don’t get why it’s so important to explore diplomacy as an option when dealing with volatile world events,” one progressive in Oregon said. “Trump is doing it, so it must be bad.”
One New York man stated that although he praised President Obama on the occasions that the former president used diplomacy rather than resorting to bombing our nation’s enemies, he’s now “firmly opposed” to diplomacy as a concept. “When Obama did it, it was good. When Trump does it, it’s bad. This isn’t difficult,” he posted on his Twitter account.
The nation’s liberals announced at publishing time that they are preemptively coming out against whatever President Trump does next, no matter what their feelings are about it now.