Non-safety, Texas holding in the endzone

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
That was one of the worst refereed games I have seen. That was an OBVIOUS safety and no call. How the ref microanalyzed numerous first downs and TD's on OSU plays was bizarre. The replay over an OSU first down took way too much time and you knew it would be overturned against the Cowboys. And we still WON!!!
Do you not remember the 2012 game?

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
You guys know that they kick off from their 20 on a safety right? everyone talking about how we would have had bad field possession is just conjecture. We may have returned the free kick to the 35 and had 2 more points. Although the game was a nail biter I feel like there was no way we were going to lose the game, everyone was determined to win.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You guys know that they kick off from their 20 on a safety right? everyone talking about how we would have had bad field possession is just conjecture. We may have returned the free kick to the 35 and had 2 more points. Although the game was a nail biter I feel like there was no way we were going to lose the game, everyone was determined to win.
And this is a fair point, however, given that we hadn't scored the entire second half, the field position off of their punt definitely helped a ton.