Non chain hotels and lodging

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2011
I looked for independent hotels on a recent trip. It is difficult to find a hotel that is not a corporate chain when searching the internet.

I would like to recommend two modestly priced hotels. Both hotels are clean and offer modest accommodations. I am hopeful others will add similar hotels.

Huskier Inn, North Platte, Nebraska

Raton Pass Motor Inn, Raton, New Mexico

Feb 7, 2011
I have stayed in VRBO's and I have enjoyed the experience. It does require getting approval and arranging the stay.

I am going to add Natchez Trace State Park Lodge in Tennessee. It is a few miles off of I 40, close to Jackson, Tennessee. I have stayed there three times. It is reasonably priced and clean.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
That's the problem with these non-major brand motels. They are un-reliable in regards to being consistantly clean and comfortable. They will advertise breakfast, you get up there the next morning and it's a rock hard biscuit with cold gravy, watered down juice, and you're lucky if the coffee pot has any coffee left.

It would be great if there was a way to know where the good, clean, well serviced indepent mom/pop motels/hotels are. Unfortunately it's for someone passing through and not famaliar with the area it's like a blind man throwing darts at a dart board.