Non-Big XII visitor, first time in Stillwater (recs needed!)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 3, 2016
Dallas
I'll be a 'visitor' of sorts this upcoming weekend, but not of the Cyclone variety. I'm a Gator and will be coming into town from Dallas with a couple of Auburn-grad friends to see a game in Stillwater for the first time, collectively. While our loyalties obviously lie with our home schools, we simply love college football in general, and are especially fond of checking out new environments. After 7 years in Big XII country, it's finally time to 'check' Stillwater off the list! Are non-OSU, non-ISU fans welcome at the tailgate?

Because both the Auburn game and the Florida game are at 11 a.m. this weekend, we will be looking for a spot to watch both -- but we understand that SEC football isn't exactly paramount around these parts, so we may be resigned to a sports bar, rather than asking any tailgating Pokes to put one of our games on the t.v.! Which I guess is my first question -- will there be a lot of TVs at this Orange Power tailgate?

Finally, does the tailgate tend to continue after the game as well? We'd like to cover as much ground in Stillwater as we can in 24 hours -- bars, restaurants, tailgates, and stadium! Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hong Kong Poke

Banned
Banned
Sep 28, 2016
Hong Kong
I'll be a 'visitor' of sorts this upcoming weekend, but not of the Cyclone variety. I'm a Gator and will be coming into town from Dallas with a couple of Auburn-grad friends to see a game in Stillwater for the first time, collectively. While our loyalties obviously lie with our home schools, we simply love college football in general, and are especially fond of checking out new environments. After 7 years in Big XII country, it's finally time to 'check' Stillwater off the list! Are non-OSU, non-ISU fans welcome at the tailgate?

Because both the Auburn game and the Florida game are at 11 a.m. this weekend, we will be looking for a spot to watch both -- but we understand that SEC football isn't exactly paramount around these parts, so we may be resigned to a sports bar, rather than asking any tailgating Pokes to put one of our games on the t.v.! Which I guess is my first question -- will there be a lot of TVs at this Orange Power tailgate?

Finally, does the tailgate tend to continue after the game as well? We'd like to cover as much ground in Stillwater as we can in 24 hours -- bars, restaurants, tailgates, and stadium! Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Yes to all. Additionally there is usually some really big TV's on Hall of Fame next to the stadium with some other games on.

Oct 3, 2016
Dallas
Yes to all. Additionally there is usually some really big TV's on Hall of Fame next to the stadium with some other games on.
Thank you, this is good to know. We'll have to look for that if we fail to find the game(s) eslewhere. Then again, we've all got WatchESPN on our phones so maybe that'll help...